The Kettler Elyx3 is a compact trainer that can accommodate individuals weighing up to 330 pounds. Reap total-body benefits using resistance levels between 1 and 15, and use any of the 3 exercise programs to achieve health-related benefits.
The multicolor Siemens LCD high-resolution display shows different colors according to heart rate numbers—blue indicates heart rate numbers below the target zone, green when the heart rate is ideal, and run when it exceeds normal targets.
The console displays metric details such as time, distance, calories, speed, pulse rate, resistance levels, and RPM, besides showing hill profiles (workout programs).
What We Like
- The 45lb flywheel and the drive assure a natural striding motion
- The availability of 15 resistance levels makes the workout challenging
- Move the machine anywhere using the front transport wheels provided
- Inbuilt floor levelers make the machine easy to use on any flooring
- The heart rate metric change colors depending on the numbers, and hence, monitoring cardiovascular health becomes easier
- A lifetime warranty on the frame, 3 years on parts, and 1 year on labor
- The backlit LCD and the console help individuals stay motivated and perform the exercises harder
What We Don’t Like
- The machine needs some detailed assembly which might be quite uncomfortable for some individuals.
- The 20-inch stride length might be quite difficult for taller individuals to make use of the elliptical.
The highlight feature of the Elyx 3 is its 75 resistance levels offered between 25 and 400 watts with 5 wt increments.
As the resistance levels are automatically adjusted, the individuals can stay in the correct training zone while working out.
Having a 45-pound magnetic brake drive system, a Poly V drive belt (this promotes the silent operation of the machine), and sealed ball bearings in the pivot points, the elliptical cross-trainer assures top-class performance.
The high carbon steel frame offers stability and sturdiness to the machine.
Use the contact grips on the handlebars or attach the IR earlobe clip sensors to monitor the heart rate.
Moreover, the Kettler Elyx3 can be used with a wireless chest strap transmitter that must be purchased separately.
While the stride length is 20 inches, along the footplate’s elliptical path, the stride length is 22 inches.
The spacing between the pedals decides on the comfort level of the elliptical. Having a “Q” (the width of the pedal) factor of 2.5 inches, the elliptical offers maximum comfort.
As the unit has an open-wheel/rail design, it is up to the individuals using the elliptical to keep it free of dust and dirt.
So, one could call this a low-maintenance machine that guarantees high performance.
Having exemplary features, good stability, sturdy construction, easy assembly process, a smooth brake mechanism, precise heart rate measures, and optimum features, the Kettler Elyx3 garners excellent customer reviews.
The elliptical cross-trainer offers good value for money and is a suitable high-quality home-gym machine that satisfies all requirements for a home setup.
The elliptical is a Plus X award winner for its innovative design and good functionality. This proves the unit’s trustworthy performance and great fitness benefits.
Purchase the trainer for regular home gym use, exercise on it any time of the day, even sitting next to your family member, and enjoy a noiseless exercising experience that reaps ultimate advantages.