The LifeSpan TR5000i treadmill is a pocket-friendly machine among the non-folding models offered by LifeSpan. It comes with a home use warranty and light commercial use warranty valid for five years of daily usage.
It is suitable for power walkers, joggers, and serious runners equally. As it comes with an amazing shock absorption system and a spacious track size, users find it highly comfortable. The 3.0 CHP commercial motor is powerful enough for commercial performance.
You can attain a top speed of 13.5 mph using this treadmill, which is ample for even elite users. The 15% power incline helps in increasing the challenge whenever you need one.
There are 19 preset programs to choose from based on your fitness goals, focusing on different aspects such as healthy living, sports performance, and weight loss. Also, you can create customized programs.
The smartphone holder, music speakers, optional Bluetooth connectivity to use fitness apps, and similar advanced options are available with this LifeSpan treadmill.
It is a light commercial treadmill yet comes at an affordable cost, meaning it offers high performance with complete value to your investment.
Pros & Cons
- The 19 preset workouts along with 2 customizable and 2 heart rate-based programs, i.e., a total of 23 programs are available with this treadmill.
- IntelliKey™ technology makes it easy to use the console
- USB port can charge your devices and save data of your workout information into a thumb drive to chart it on the LifeSpan Club website by uploading it.
- Option to access Bluetooth receiver to sync your data to fitness apps.
- The holder allows you to place your smartphone on the machine for entertainment securely.
- Also, iPod compatibility allows you to enjoy your favorite music
- The two water holders are handy to hold beverages.
- Pedometer counts your steps accurately, which helps you to keep track of your progress.
- The wireless chest strap compatibility allows you to add a chest strap that supports accurate heart rate measurement and is comfortable for free movement.
- A large workout area of 20” x 60” is suitable even for tall users as it allows longer stride length.
- Sprint practice is possible due to the top speed capacity of 13.5 mph.
- The treadmill comes with a power incline of 15% gives you various challenging workout options.
- Incline and speed adjustment options come with Quickset™ buttons for easy operation.
- Its commercial quality motor is capable of 3.0 CHP.
- The 2.8mm tread belt is extra-thick and offers excellent support.
- Large rollers of 2.8” size help in smooth operation and reduce the wear and tear of the belt.
- After you get down the treadmill, the tread belt pauses after 20 seconds automatically to keep your kids and pets safe.
- The user capacity of 350 pounds is useful in accommodating many users.
- It comes with a blue backlit LCD that displays your useful workout statistics that help in grading your progress.
- You feel pleasant when the breeze from cooling fans touches your hot sweating body during your workout.
- The accessory tray is handy to place small things you might need during your workout.
- Speakers will allow you to enjoy music as you run.
- The handrails of this treadmill are short when compared to its counterparts.
- The large footprint of 74.5″ L x 32.5″ W occupies a lot of space.
- Since it is not foldable, you cannot stow it into a compact place after usage.
The motorized ramp offers 15 incline angles along with three intensity levels, with each option giving you endless possibilities to spice up your sessions each time.
When you use the incline setting, you can significantly increase the challenge, leading to improved metabolism and muscle toning.
This light commercial LifeSpan treadmill features 19 preset programs that include focused workout routines for each exercise need. There are 7 sports training programs, 5 healthy living programs, and 5 weight management programs apart from warm-up and cool-down exercises.
Each of the 19 preset programs can be clubbed with any speed intensities or incline levels to suit your fitness goals. You also get two heart rate-controlled programs and two customizable programs, which can be saved to the console and repeatedly used like preset programs.
This treadmill mimics gentle hill ascent, ladder climbing action, and similar daily routine workouts you face in day-to-day life.
The TR5000i is equipped with a 6.5” LCD monitor that comes with blue backlighting. It displays distance, calories, time, heart rate, steps, pace, speed, elevation gained, and incline, which are useful in tracking your progress.
This data can also be stored for accessing your fitness for a long time by saving the data to a USB drive and uploading it to the fitness club website by LifeSpan or by syncing the data to a compatible mobile app using Bluetooth.
The media holder allows you to enjoy music and videos from your smartphone or tablet while you work out. The audio jack with iPod compatibility and the dual speakers provided with this machine make the atmosphere lively.
Heart Rate Monitoring
This treadmill comes with both contact sensors as well as a wireless chest strap for measuring heart rate. Though contact sensors are not as accurate as chest straps, they measure heart rate and are suitable for people who struggle to have to strap their chest.
On the other hand, the wireless chest strap provided with this machine is highly accurate in providing heart rate measures, and since it is wireless, it allows you to move around freely.
The lifetime warranty on frame and motor and 5 years warranty on parts, and 1 year on labor assure its quality build along with a promise of securing your investment. The commercial warranty is valid only if the machine is used as directed, i.e., no more than 3 hours of usage per day.
The Verdict: Who Is TR5000i Treadmill for?
With a large and comfortable track and plenty of workout options that are impressive enough even for an avid runner, TR5000i is all you need if you are serious about shedding that weight and toning that body.
It offers several benefits through its incline and speed settings that will eventually result in significant improvement in stamina. It completely justifies the tag of the top-of-the-line treadmill.
It is solidly built and lasts a lifetime, beyond any doubt, as it features durable components and stands steady at 235 pounds that keep the machine steady. Its 350 lbs high weight capacity suitable for most tall and big people.
- Best Durable Treadmills for Big and Heavy Persons (300 lbs+ High Weight Capacity)
- LifeSpan Fitness TR1200i Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR2000i Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR2000e Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill Review and Comparison
- LifeSpan TR4000i Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR5500i Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR6000i Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR7000i Treadmill Review
- LifeSpan TR8000i Medical Treadmill Review