The Precor AMT 835 is an elliptical machine designed for full-body training purposes. This machine has plenty of reasons with itself why you should invest your precious money and time in it.
If you ask me, it is advanced and offers tons of features, such as different stride levels, multiple resistance levels, Built-in programs, etc.
The Precor AMT 835 provides non-slipping pedals that will make a firm grip throughout your workout. The smoothness is unimaginable.
The reason behind it is that this model is usually found in clubs and is considered to be one of the best. And if you can get your hands on one of these, then consider yourself lucky.
The company Precor is known for making such great machines just like flagship smartphones. So, one thing for sure, you won’t be regretting a penny you spent on it. Many websites have given it 85+ ratings.
On average, it is the go-to fitness machine for most gyms. The best part is that the stride length is adjustable so that anybody can access the machine without any trouble. Just set the length, hop on it, and start working out.
What I Like
There are tonnes of things I like about this machine. Let’s take a look at some:
- Self-Powered: How would you feel when you’ll get to know that you’re the one who’s supplying power to it? Probably Stunned. Exactly, your training is the reason it gets power. Still, there’s an optional power setup for it.
- Resistance Levels: with this top-end machine, you get 20 magnetic resistance levels. So, challenge and take yourself to the next level.
- Multilingual Display: Facing trouble in reading? Try switching languages. That’s right, and you can change the languages to make it easier for you to understand.
- Wireless Heart Rate: When working out, your hands will be on the handlebars, with sensors that will measure tour heart rate and display it on the screen.
- Large LED Display: you’re going to pay so much, so at least the display should be smooth and immersive, right? The display is large enough to make every detail visible.
- Holders: if you’ve just entered the gym and are finding a place to keep your things? Don’t worry, and the machine has a holder in which you can keep your smartphone, cards, wallet, keys, etc. Also, a separate water bottle holder is provided, as well.
- Adjustable Stride Length: if there are multiple people with different heights, they can modify the length and height and start working out quickly.
What I Don’t Like
Well, I will be honest about this, but there are mainly two genuine downfalls:
- Price: for so many features to come to your doorstep, you’ll have to pay a lump sum of amount. It could be unaffordable for most people as gyms order them in bulk, so they get some discount.
- Large Footprint: The Large Body structure of the machine takes a lot of space, so get ready to arrange someplace for it, or else you may face some serious space issues. You may think about the garage, but it may take more than you imagine. So, pick a perfect place for it.
Precor AMT 835 vs. Precor AMT 885 – Differences in Features
- Console: The 835 uses the P30 Console, whereas The 885 uses the P80 Console, which is 15 inches with a comparatively better display and docking station for iOS devices.
- Time Limit: When you are working on The AMT 835, you won’t be finding any warnings or time limit pop-up display so, you can work out for as long as you want. But, there’s a time limit of 2 hours on AMT 885. Hence, there’s a restriction on the better version.
- Weight: Well, this is a factor that might’ve come to some of your people. Considering the AMT 885, it weighs 422 pounds, and the reason they are so heavy is that they are meant to be used on a commercial basis. The AMT 835 doesn’t have much difference but of just 10 pounds less—412 pounds.
- Exercises: The variety and methods are the same on both machines. You can make changes whenever you feel necessary. Exercises like targetting the cardiovascular system and lower and upper body muscles at that instant, etc.
- Stride Settings: You can adjust the stride length and height according to your likes. Adjusting them is also pretty easy. It all does it by itself, and you don’t have to do much instead of putting the measurements. The Dial will guide you on where you’re focusing currently as you adjust it.
- Console: The console will provide you the same necessary data during the workout, such as calories, speed, distance, heart rate, the time elapsed, etc. All of them will be in a very systematic way.
Precor AMT 835 Review – Who Is This Elliptical For?
Considering my opinions, this elliptical is for those who believe in a one-time investment and expect everything necessary (considering how much they paid for it).
This fitness machine is for everyone who wants the best training facility for their body. The AMT 835 might not be better than its successor—the AMT 885, but it offers all the necessary information you must know about, probably more.
In the end, I conclude that The AMT 835 is a top-end fitness machine and is great at its work. There’s no doubt that the cost is exorbitant, but the brand ensured that you get everything you paid for.
And the brand intends to keep its promise. Both the successor and The AMT 835 don’t have much of a difference, so that you can consider The 835 as a great option.
The features and experience are worth what you’re paying—large LED Display, non-slipping pedals, adjustable stride length and height, accessories holder, etc.
Are some things that this machine offers. By the time you’re used to it, you’ll find new things about it.