The F63 treadmill is made of heavy-duty steel and equipped with a motor with 3.0 horsepower, providing an incline of 15% and a steady speed of 12 mph (miles per hour). It also has a robust construction and can bear up to a user weight of 325 lbs.
The Sole F63 treadmill is also equipped with Cushion Flex Whisper Deck to reduce the 40% impact on your joints. It is a great treadmill for those who have bad knees.
Next is the unrivaled technology for adjustable handlebars. Sole F63 describes the switch buttons on the handlebars that can easily change the velocity and incline.
Its 6.5′′ LCD will show your exercise data on it, connected with the SOLE Fitness App for wireless monitoring and data exchange. And this app is compatible with both IOS and Android smartphones to see the stats in real-time.
Additionally, the Sole Fitness App can connect with other fitness apps such as FitBit and MyFitnessPal. So that you can use whatever services you’re comfortable with and save all of your fitness records in one place.
As for additional features, the F63 also comes with a built-in tablet organizer, Bluetooth audio speakers, and a connector for USB charging.
What I Like About Sole F63 Treadmill
- Larget running area for sprinting. The running surface of the Sole F63 treadmill is 20″ by 60″. There’s plenty of kick-back as the deck stretches out behind you. I have noticed that on Sole machines, the motor hood sits a little high. At the highest point, it rises 4 “from the deck and is just below the console.
- 15% incline. The F63 offers ample training variables, with a decent incline of 15%, which is excellent for the runners searching for a lower-impact and high-intense exercises. Merely raising the deck will increase the intensity of any exercise. In comparison to the anterior quads prominent throughout athletics, the incline will also improve posterior muscles.
- Robust, foldable, and quiet. The F63 is remarkably quiet when compared with its older brother, the Sole F80. You will be impressed at how smoothly the treadmill works during both speed and interval changes. This treadmill will work best for those who need to exercise quietly without distracting neighbors or roommates. This is where Sole excels—although these treadmills do not have all the extra bells and whistles, they offer technical consistency.
- Run smoothly when switching speeds and inclines. F63’s 3.0HP motor isn’t the most efficient, but it does what you want. There is no gap in speed and incline changes. If you walk at a steady 3.5 mph and play a bit with the incline, moving up to a grade of 10%, then down to a grade of 3 percent, the speed remained constant through changes to the incline. The incline can be turned up to 15% and performed at different speeds, even though going from 2 mph to 3.5 mph and then 6 mph, the motor reacted smoothly at each location.
- Lightweight but provides a 325 lbs weight capacity. The Sole F63 treadmill’s weight is about 254 pounds, but its heavy-duty steel frame makes it able to bear a maximum user weight of 325 lbs.
What I Don’t Like
- Only 10 built-in programs. Sole F63 provides a few simple programs such as Manual, Rise, Fat Burn, Cardio, Power, HIIT, etc. There are also two programs for heart rate, each hitting max 60 percent and max 80 percent. There are also two user profiles. But for me, the built-in exercise programs are less than what I want.
- Minimal tech features. The sole treadmill series are entry-level models and have fewer features than other high-end brands (Nordictrack, Bowflex, Horizon, etc.). And the acceleration is slow.
Sole F63 Treadmill Review – Who Is This Treadmill For?
Sole F63 treadmill is an entry-level treadmill for:
- Limited space users due to its lightweight and foldability
- People who want to possess basic software and does not have any additional subscription-based apps
- People who are looking to have an affordable, high-quality treadmill
- People who desire to run on a quiet treadmill
Sole F63 Treadmill’s Features
3.0 HP Motor
For stability, the equipment is constructed on a steel frame that has a solid base. The frame assists the comfort and the thick handlebars for convenience with a spongy grasp. The 3.0 HP motor can assist people in walking and running; however, that motor is not adequate for heavy practice like sprinting.
On a treadmill of this scale, the 20 “x 60” running area is appropriate. Many folding treadmills sell just 55 “tread length in these cost brackets; hence the additional 5” will make a difference. Therefore with its finely textured surface, the belt is non-slip and sturdy enough and for foot support.
The treadmill is sensitive to Bluetooth. Hence users can easily connect their devices and play cool songs on the speakers. It allows users to set their hands, which are freephone in listening to music.
Adjustable Clips on the Device Holder
One advantageous feature of the F63 is the phone keeper or tablet protector at the top of the screen. This has an elastic brace, which secures most gadgets snugly. It helps you to watch a video while driving, read a book, or access data on your computer.
Included Strap and Grips
Pulse grips and chest brace included. Many treadmills do not have a chest strap anymore. This is one more excellent feature on the F63.
The chest strap provides accurate heart rate measurements and shows the data right on the phone. EKG pulse grips are on the handles should this choice be chosen.
6.5″ LCD Display
All workout data is shown on the 6.5″ LCD and can be accessed via the Sole Fitness mobile app, which can be used on both IOS and Android phones.
The advantage of this is that consumers do not get burdened with unnecessary features. The F63 does not need WiFi to operate and use the services, and you do not have to pay monthly subscription service.
If you already have a TV in your fitness room, have no interest in the extra equipment, or have your own workout routine and don’t need to watch lessons and trainers on your treadmill, this treadmill would be a great choice.
Easy Assist Folding
Although the F63 has a sturdy and bulky frame, it can be folded and locked up. Just catch the steel bar at the deck base and lift (there is no release button to flip on the boat.)
Pull the yellow lever on the right underside of the deck to unlatch, and it will open. A mechanism of hydraulic release under the deck brings it softly back to the floor. There are four wheels as well, which allows rolling and slipping out of the way easily.
The F63 provides a generous guarantee providing an unlimited warranty for the frame and motor, a three-year warranty for parts, and one year’s service.
The Verdict: Best Entry-Level Treadmill for Home Cardio Training
Having a treadmill in your home gym is undoubtedly a great investment, giving you more options to gain fitness benefits.
But choosing a treadmill for your home isn’t easy. It is an expensive machine, so it would be better to think twice before making the final decision.
Factors that should be considered include budget, brand, space, feature, and other factors. Here is a buyers’ guide for different purposes if you still don’t know what decision to make.
The F63 has managed to be one of the best treadmills under the $1,500 price range over the years.
Sole has consistently improved the product while retaining its simplicity rendering it an attractive investment if you search for consistency.
Although the F63 looks simplistic relative to the other treadmills on the market, it has been produced reliably with the price. Sole always reveals they’re ready to stand in their warranties behind their label.