Apple Fitness+ is becoming increasingly popular, and it includes a wide range of workout options. A rowing machine is a piece of sought-after fitness equipment that helps you achieve a total-body workout by improving strength and endurance. Apple Fitness+ has an option for rowing in its workout options, and here, we discuss some of the best rowers that work well with Apple Fitness+.
What Are the Best Rowing Machine for Apple Fitness+ Workout?
- Life Fitness Row HX Trainer
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5713 Rowing Machine
- Concept2 Model D Rowing Machine
- XTERRA Fitness ERG700 Rower
- HouseFit Water Rowing Machine
- BATTIFE Solid Wood Water Rowing Machine
- ECHANFIT Magnetic Power Rowing Machine
How Do I Access Apple Fitness+ for Rowing
Are you the proud owner of the sleek and tech-savvy Apple Watch? If so, you wouldn’t have missed the Apple Fitness+ that appears as the center tab under the Fitness tab in your iPhone. If you own an iPad, the Fitness App could be downloaded from the App Store if you have the Apple watch. Also, the Fitness app is available on Apple TV.
How To Choose a Rowing Machine for Apple Fitness+?
There are a couple of vital features such as space availability, resistance, console, pedals, seats, power, pricing, quality, and warranty that makes any rowing machine a good choice for Apple Fitness+.
The machine’s size is the biggest concern for many as these days, most of us lack enough space. Hence, whether or not the rowing machine is compact and foldable is of utmost importance.
You needn’t bother about such problems if you have a separate room to set up the fitness equipment. Else, it is better to look for foldable machines that could help you use the exercise space for other things after your fitness session.
Variance in resistance level is good provisioning by the fitness equipment company as this helps you exercise at different intensities and take up challenging workout sessions.
Look at the maximum intensity that’s possible on the machine and check whether the equipment supports different intensities that could be set various through tension levels.
It is possible to change intensity levels based on the tension knob or electronically make adjustments based on the machine.
In general, the tension is generated through magnetic, air, hydraulic, or a simple elastic cord.
It is always nice to work out on a machine at different resistances and enjoy an intense fitness session. Still, it is even more beneficial and heartwarming to understand where you stand in your performance.
Rowers mostly come with a display unit that shows statistics about various metrics such as calories burned, time, distance covered, and more.
But, as you would be using Apple Fitness+, you could stay relaxed as all necessary details are displayed using your Apple Watch. If you have an iPod or Apple TV, you could follow up on your classes using them.
What you must do is to check whether or not the rowing machine allows you to add an iPad as a display or a water bottle.
We would be using our feet to pedal, and hence, the pedaling motion is critical to the rowing action.
Hence, when you are using a rowing machine, it is of utmost importance that you have a good balance in your feet. Choosing a rower that offers good support and comfort to your feet is needed to enjoy your workout session.
Also, rowers that come with non-slip pedals and have straps over them are much better as your feet remain intact during your exercise session.
We would be exercising while being seated, and hence, seat comfort is another important feature that cannot be compromised. Look out for a rower with comfortable seats that could be adjusted and wide to accommodate different individuals.
Rowers could be operated with/without electric power depending on the model. If your rower would be used outside for a major period, this feature becomes important.
If the rowing machine has electronically controlled (magnetic) tension levels, the need for electric power becomes indispensable.
If your chosen model is a water-based rower that works based on air or hydraulic resistance, the machine is self-powered.
Other Vital Features
While the machine’s price concerns many, choose a model that does justice for the price paid. Rowers are heavy machines and, if broken, would require servicing and hence, ensure that you buy a good-quality rower that negates such problems.
Look into the manufacturer’s warranty period and the maintenance required before you decide upon a model.
Top 7 Best Rowing Machines for Apple Fitness Plus Review
Let’s look at the best rowing machines that match well with Apple Fitness+.
The HX trainer is the perfect blend of traditional and modern design with a steel frame and a beautiful wood design.
An entry-level rower, this machine operates smoothly using the Fluid Technology Resistance that gives us a natural rowing feel.
You can change tension using a turn-dial and choose from any of the four resistance levels available.
Don’t worry about grip or slippages, as the handles are ergonomically designed and placed at the right angle to keep you well-supported.
The rower is foldable and hence saves much space, occupying less than 7 feet when folded. Coming to the pedals, they are adjustable and also come with the foot strap provisioning, which keeps your feet safe and secure even when you row at top speeds.
Stability is never an issue as the machine is low-level, and the sliding seat sits on two rails instead of one.
A water-resistance rower, the pricing is nominal and has an attractive design making it a perfect fit for home gym use.
- The machine could be moved easily and comes with transport wheels which help in this regard
- The foot pedals and foot straps are adjustable
- A water-resistant trainer, you get to choose from 4 resistance levels that are a rarity
- Smooth and natural feel of rowing in the water
- A vintage look with a natural wood finish
- The seat is at a low-level which gives little way for mobility
- Absence of any preset workout programs
- The display screen is small
- No heart rate monitoring possible unless you have your device
- Both pedals are placed in one footboard, making it narrower and quite uncomfortable for larger individuals
You get the natural feel of rowing in water as there are three stainless-steel ‘Hydro Blades’ that provide dynamic resistance. The resistance is smooth, evenly spread, and operates noiselessly, helping us enjoy our favorite video or listen to some peppy number.
The control panel in this model is the R2 Fitness Meter, a digital monitor that tracks all important metrics such as calories, heart rate, distance, speed, time, total strokes, strokes per minute, heart rate, and room temperature.
The console is organized, and viewing the details is easy. You can also switch it on using any button, and it gets switched off automatically after four minutes of inactivity. Though the console displays heart rate, you need to purchase a heart rate monitor separately.
The frame and construction are of good quality, and the machine is sturdily built with high-quality steel. The water tank is constructed using polycarbonate plastic that assures durability and strength.
The seat is placed at an optimal height such that it avoids putting stress on the joints when someone uses it.
- The seat is molded and padded, helping us sit comfortably
- The handles are non-slip, assuring good grip
- Rubber wheels help you move the machine and store it in any corner of the room
- The construction is sturdy, stable, and of top quality
- The monitor can track metric details and seems to be engaging
- The water-resistant rower creates minimal noise
- Assembly is easy, and the instructions are clear
- The foot pedals though comfortable, keep pivoting, which some individuals find to be uneasy
- The warranty offered is average
- Absence of heart rate monitor
- The monitor is not backlit
The highlight of the Concept2 Model D rower is that this piece of equipment provides unmatched durability, versatile resistance, and various programs at affordable pricing.
Concept2 has carved a name for itself in the rowing category, and rowers from this manufacturer are a popular choice among professional rowers owing to the machine’s solid construction, noiseless operation, and optimal weight capacity.
The rower is not tech-savvy but is strong enough for using it for rower racing. The machine uses an air resistance system, and hence, the resistance level created depends on your rowing speed. Hence, this machine is optimal to use for all, from beginners to advanced trainers.
Model D’s monitor is sophisticated and has games, feedback, and workouts that are easy to access and view. You could even transfer data using wireless connectivity.
The handles are ergonomically built with a 10-degree bend that mimics a natural rowing motion, and the footrests are adjustable, helping to accommodate individuals of varying built.
- The maximum user weight capacity is 500lbs
- A five-year warranty on the frame and two years on the computer and moving parts
- The seat is placed 14inches from the ground, making it ideal for use
- Ergonomic handles and adjustable footrests
- The performance monitor is backlit and sophisticated
- Assembly is easy and simple, taking only 20-30 minutes
- Occupies a comparatively larger footprint
- Maintenance requires in the form of oiling
- The monitor arm is made of plastic
The machine uses both air and magnetic resistance (hybrid resistance) to offer a smooth and well-rounded performance.
All the components used are high-quality—the handles are industrial-grade, the footrests have flex pedals, and the rower has an aluminum rail system that assures durability and stability.
The machine is backed by a five-year warranty, which shows its durability and the manufacturer’s confidence in its rower.
Follow up on your metric details using the performance monitor that shows all required metric details.
Above all, the machine is foldable and hence, most appropriate for those who suffer from space restrictions.
- An intuitive console that shows all needed information
- Hybrid resistance levels assure smooth and noiseless operation
- Accommodates maximum user weight up to 350lbs
- Total-body workout
- The configuration is quite difficult
- The information displayed on the distance covered is not accurate sometimes
If you suffer from space restrictions and are on the lookout for a compact rowing machine, don’t hesitate to purchase the HouseFit water rowing machine as it is foldable and hence, could be put in one corner of the room after use.
There are dual caster transportation wheels available, which helps maneuver the machine to any place without much strain. You get 6 different water resistance levels, which help anyone, a beginner or an advanced trainer, workout according to their needs.
The handlebars are ergonomic with non-slip and increased grip, while the footrests have foot straps and a slip-resistant design. The seat is comfortable to use as it is cushioned and padded, offering support to the hips and the back.
The LED display is easy to read and works efficiently, displaying details such as calories, speed, distance, and more.
Combine entertainment with exercising using the tablet support on which you can place your smartphone or tablet and watch videos or listen to music.
- The non-slip pedals fit the needs of different individuals
- Foldable and space-saving
- A solid build and durability assured
- The maximum user weight capacity is 330lbs
- 6 levels of magnetic resistance promises challenging workout experiences
- The build quality is slightly disappointing
The BATTIFE Solid wood water rowing machine is an entry-level rower with solid wood construction and a sleek design that assures good performance.
The rower is constructed using black walnut wood and seems so elegant that you could mistake it for a piece of some good-looking furniture.
The design and construction are strong and sturdy, and the machine could be stored vertically by making it stand.
Transport wheels at the bottom of the rower help in moving the rower easily.
A water-resistant rower, you get to enjoy a peaceful rowing workout without disturbing others as the operation is noiseless.
The performance monitor tracks various information such as distance covered, time, calories burned, and strokes per minute.
The footpads and straps are adjustable and ergonomically designed, assuring utmost comfort.
- A space-saving piece of equipment
- A solid and durable wooden frame
- A good-performing monitor showing various metric details
- A quiet workout guaranteed
- The red walnut wood showcases the beauty of the rower
- No tablet holder
- Some of the hardware is of average quality
The ECHANFIT rower is one of the most affordable magnetic rowing machines that boast a solid steel frame. The handles are optimally designed with a polypropylene fiber that guarantees a good grip.
Coming to the foot pedals, the foot straps are adjustable and help you secure your feet well in place, and the footplates are pivoting, thereby allowing a varied range of motion.
The seat is padded, cushioned, and comfortable to sit and row for a long time without any trouble.
This rower’s highlight is that you have a dedicated space to keep your tablet and monitor the Fitness+ requirements using your iPad.
Here is the perfect solution if you suffer from space restrictions as the machine is foldable and stored in an upright position.
- Ergonomically designed handles and footrests that assure a non-slip grip
- Solid steel frame and powder-coated paint maximized the durability of the rower
- 16 levels of silent magnetic resistance
- The presence of an LCD monitor that could be adjusted to various angles and provides a reading of different metric details
- Transportation wheels help in moving the machine easily transportation wheels help in moving the machine easily
- Durability is a concern
- The resistance levels don’t guarantee great challenges
- Top 6 Best Hydraulic Rowing Machines for Home Gyms
- Top 7 Best Rowing Machines for CrossFit – Read Before You Buy
- Total Gym Incline Rower Review – Is It a Good Investment?