Using a practical machine that can easily adapt to the amount of space you have in your home is a great way to exercise.
There’s nothing more comfortable than turning a small space in your home into a gym where you can comfortably exercise, and an elliptical machine is an efficient way to lose weight with a fun, low-impact exercise routine.
Take a look at the review below and choose the best ellipticals for small spaces.
But before buying your ideal elliptical, you should pay attention to some criteria for choosing an elliptical.
In a hurry? Here are our top 4 picks:
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical SF-E3609
- EFITMENT Compact Magnetic Machine E005
- Body Rider Fan Elliptical Trainer BR1830
- Body Champ Trio Elliptical Trainer BRT1875
You can see the overview, pros & cons, and features below.
What Do You Need to Know Before Buying an Elliptical?
There are many models of elliptical machines, but if you are looking for one that fits in that small space you have at home, then you should look for one with specific characteristics and for saving you time, we have prepared this guide for you to take into account everything you need to know before buying your elliptical machine.
Do a Good Research
- Think of Yourself and your Family’s Benefits: At the time of your search, you should think that if you live with your family, they will also use the machine. Whether they are young or seniors, everyone will see that they can exercise without impact.
- Use The Internet: Thanks to the internet, you can start reading about these machines and their different features. Take into account the opinions of users and see which are the best brands on the market through their official pages.
- Buying Online is More Comfortable: You will be able to receive your elliptical machine in the comfort of your home, but first, make sure which portal you can do it in, most manufacturers receive orders through their websites or online retail stores as well with good prices.
- Choose a Retailer That Specializes in Fitness: Go for authorized retailers who specialize in fitness machines. Check out the brands they work with and what services they provide, many of them work hand in hand with fitness trainers who give lots of advice on how to use the machine.
- Teste The Machine: If you have never tried the feeling of training on one, before buying it, we advise you to go to a gym and try it. In this way, you will have a close idea of how to use it.
Pay Attention to These Things:
- Natural Strides: When testing the machine, strides and movements should feel natural. In other words, when exercising, you should not make any effort with your knees, nor should you feel pressure on your hips. Also, you should be able to stand up and do the movements without having to bend down. Everything should be natural and comfortable. Learn more about how to choose the best elliptical stride length here.
- The Arms Movements: The machines that bring handlebars and that move to the beat of the strides are the best. This helps strengthen both arms and legs.
- Adjustable Incline: Being able to adjust the incline would make this machine almost complete. In this way, we can exercise different muscle groups and have different exercise routines.
- Adjustable Resistance: There is nothing better than having the possibility to adjust the resistance according to our needs. Choose a machine with which you can change it electronically because they are simpler.
- Silent Movements: Having a machine that is not noisy when exercising is the best option to avoid discomfort. If the brand has a good reputation, it will offer elliptical machines with quiet, smooth movements.
- Double Movement: Note that the machine you choose may have the ability to move back and forth for a variety of movements.
- LCD Screen: Depending on your budget and what you need, you can find models of elliptical machines built with an LCD screen that includes certain metric values such as distance, elapsed time, etc. There are even with Bluetooth. Everything will depend on your needs.
- Training Programs: To avoid a monotonous training, some machines have a pre-established training program incorporated. This allows you to have a variety of exercises available to perform. In turn, there are other machines where you can customize your training.
- Heart Rate Control: When doing a high-intensity activity, it is important to measure the heart rate. This is important, especially if the machine is going to be used by seniors. In the case where you cannot pass a certain value, you can enter your heart rate into the machine, and it will notify you if it has been passed.
- Easy to Train: The features that the machine has incorporated must be easy to use so as not to create frustration and prevent you from stopping training. Greater complexity is not synonymous with improvement.
- Warranty: At the time of making your purchase, you should pay attention to its warranty time. Many well-known brands provide a lifetime warranty on the frame. See how many years of warranty they offer on its moving parts, including its electronic parts.
Top 3+ Best Ellipticals for Small Spaces
Having an elliptical machine at home is a good investment since the exercises that it allows, simulate very well other physical exercises such as walking, skiing, rowing, etc., where we exercise both the upper and lower part of the body.
And even if you are worried about not having a large space to place your machine, it is not an excuse for not having one.
Here are some elliptical machine options specifically for small spaces.
This brand is widely recognized for providing very good quality machines. In fact, you will find very good feedback highlighting its good structure and operation of elliptical machines.
Now, the good news is for those who don’t have much space.
Its compact design allows it to be placed in any corner of your house, and you can move it if you need it because it is very light.
Feel free to adjust its intensity manually according to your needs as it has eight levels of magnetic resistance.
It makes quiet and smooth movements for those looking to listen to music while exercising.
In turn, you will feel safe with its mobile handlebars with which you can train the upper torso very well.
Also, it has fixed handlebars capable of controlling your heart rate.
On the other hand, it also brings a monitor that shows the speed, calories burned, among other values, so that you feel motivated with your training.
This machine is a very good option considering its value for money.
- Anyone up to 265 lbs can exercise.
- You can put your tablet on its stand to watch videos.
- Enjoy its eight resistance levels.
- Its magnetic resistance allows quite movements.
- Compact design.
- Transport it easily thanks to its wheels.
- It offers a 3-year warranty on its frame and 90 days on its moving parts.
- Its stride length may be short for tall people
And we come to our last option but just as interesting as the others on this list.
This brand is a bit new to the market but is having very positive responses from users.
The brand also joins in offering compact machines for small spaces.
It is built with wheels to be able to move it very easily, although it may be an uncomfortable little machine for tall users since its stride length is 11’’.
Those who do not have more than 5.6” will be able to control their progress on its monitor, which, although it is not high-tech, provides the basic values of an elliptical machine.
Hold on very well with its mobile handlebars while choosing manually one of its eight resistance levels, or you can also use its fixed handlebars to check your heart rate.
Apart from being a compact machine, it is for those who have a limited budget.
We highlight that its magnetic resistance and its belt drive make it a silent machine, so watching TV while training is possible.
On the other hand, although you cannot pedal backward, the level of training it offers is very good when you consider that it is a machine at a very affordable price.
The brand offers you all the accessories you need for better performance, for example, batteries for its console, lubricant for maintenance, a mat to protect the floor, and its wireless chest strap.
- Affrodable price.
- Compact design.
- Fast and easy assembly.
- Easy transportation thanks to its wheels.
- Quiet performance.
- Eight resistance levels.
- Magnetic resistance.
- Its weight capacity it’s only up to 220 lbs.
- Short stride length.
Doing cardio and getting fit at home is now possible thanks to Body Rider.
This low impact elliptical machine helps take care of your joints more effectively than other machines.
In addition to its health benefits, it is also compact and easy to use since it does not have complicated electronic parts.
Anyone with limited space can exercise with it without disturbing anyone since it does not produce annoying noises.
Its wheel-shaped fan system prevents unwanted noise from being generated.
If you are looking for an elliptical with which to perform different training intensities, then you can do it with this machine.
You will have no problem manually adjusting its knob and setting the resistance that best suits you.
This is ideal for those who have had surgery, and they can exercise gently.
On the other hand, those looking for more challenging exercises can exercise more intensely thanks to its training video.
Also, it includes a monitor where you can check the speed, distance, calories you burn, etc. every time you exercise.
After training, place it in any corner easily with its wheels.
This design meets all the requirements of those looking to exercise in their home with not much space.
- Excellent quality-price.
- It works with a chain drive fan wheel.
- Adjustable resistance.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- The drive chain can produce some noise, but it’s bearable.
Here is another option available to choose from elliptical machines that don’t require a lot of space.
Living in a confined space is not synonymous with not being able to have your machine to exercise.
With Body Champ, you will exercise the whole body in a professional way.
This machine stands out for being 3 in 1, i. e., it can be used as an elliptical machine, as an upright stationary cycle and recumbent bike.
Your training will not be the same anymore!
You can also check your progress on its console, and you can put your device on its support to keep it close.
When you finish training, just push it, and its wheels will make it move easily.
Another notable feature is that it features mobile handlebars to exercise your arms, fixed handlebars with which you can control your heart rate and another handlebar in a reclined position.
Don’t waste time, invest in your health, and don’t worry about space anymore, having a machine as advanced as this is a privilege.
Have fun with its different ways of training.
- Get 3 different machines in one.
- Its foam-padded seat provides comfort.
- Its weight capacity is 250 pounds.
- Check your heart rate easily.
- Its assembly process may take longer than normal.
As you can see, having a limited budget and a small space at home does not have to make it impossible for you to acquire a good quality elliptical machine.
If you want to keep fit or lose those extra pounds, you can choose one of the models that we show you on this list.
These are very comfortable, as they allow you to store them anywhere.
They are ideal for home use and can be as good as professional ones.