There is nothing more comfortable than turning a small place in your home into a gym where you can perform an exercise routine in comfort. An elliptical machine is an efficient way to lose weight with a fun and low-impact exercise routine.
If you are looking for a compact elliptical for small spaces, you get into the right place.
We picked four small ellipticals that, in the meantime, did not compromise the quality. But you have to know that choosing a compact elliptical means you need to sacrifice part of the functionality, meaning that these elliptical machines are less versatile than other high-end models but more budget-friendly.
Tips: If you are going to buy an elliptical in your apartment, the noise level is another factor you should consider.
In a hurry? Here are our top picks of the best small elliptical for small spaces:
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical SF-E3609
- EFITMENT Compact Magnetic Machine E005
- Body Rider Fan Elliptical Trainer BR1830
- Body Champ Trio Elliptical Trainer BRT1875
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Underdesk
- Plasma Fit Elliptical Machine Cross Trainer 2 in 1 Exercise Bike
- Cubii Jr
You can see the overview, pros & cons, and features below.
What Do You Need to Know Before Buying an Elliptical for Small Spaces?
There are many models of elliptical machines, but if you are looking for one that fits in that small space you have at home, then you should look for one with specific characteristics for saving you time, we have prepared this guide for you to take into account everything you need to know before buying your compact elliptical machine.
Do a Good Research
- Think of Yourself and your Family’s Benefits: At the time of your search, you should think that if you live with your family, they will also use the machine. Whether they are young or seniors, everyone will see that they can exercise without impact.
- Use The Internet: Thanks to the internet, you can start reading about these machines and their different features. Take into account users’ opinions and see the best brands on the market through their official pages.
- Buying Online is More Comfortable: You will be able to receive your elliptical machine in the comfort of your home, but first, make sure which portal you can do it in. Most manufacturers receive orders through their websites or online retail stores as well with good prices.
- Choose a Retailer That Specializes in Fitness: Go for authorized retailers who specialize in fitness machines. Check out the brands they work with and what services they provide. Many of them work hand in hand with fitness trainers who advise on how to use the machine.
- Teste The Machine: If you have never tried the feeling of training on one before buying it, we advise you to go to a gym and try it. In this way, you will have a close idea of how to use it.
Pay Attention to These Things:
- Natural Strides: When testing the machine, strides and movements should feel natural. In other words, when exercising, you should not make any effort with your knees, nor should you feel pressure on your hips. Also, you should be able to stand up and do the movements without having to bend down. Everything should be natural and comfortable. Learn more about how to choose the best elliptical stride length here.
- The Arms Movements: The machines that bring handlebars and move to the beat of the strides are the best. This helps strengthen both arms and legs.
- Adjustable Incline: Being able to adjust the incline would make this machine almost complete. In this way, we can exercise different muscle groups and have different exercise routines.
- Adjustable Resistance: There is nothing better than having the possibility to adjust the resistance according to our needs. Choose a machine with which you can change it electronically because they are simpler.
- Silent Movements: Having a machine that is not noisy when exercising is the best option to avoid discomfort. If the brand has a good reputation, it will offer elliptical machines with quiet, smooth movements.
- Double Movement: Note that the machine you choose may have the ability to move back and forth for various movements.
- LCD Screen: Depending on your budget and what you need, you can find models of elliptical machines built with an LCD screen that includes certain metric values such as distance, elapsed time, etc. There is even Bluetooth. Everything will depend on your needs.
- Training Programs: To avoid monotonous training, some machines have a pre-established training program incorporated. This allows you to have a variety of exercises available to perform. In turn, there are other machines where you can customize your training.
- Heart Rate Control: When doing a high-intensity activity, it is important to measure the heart rate. This is important, especially if the machine is going to be used by seniors. If you cannot pass a certain value, you can enter your heart rate into the machine, and it will notify you if it has been passed.
- Easy to Train: The features that the machine has incorporated must be easy to use so as not to create frustration and prevent you from stopping training. Greater complexity is not synonymous with improvement.
- Warranty: At the time of making your purchase, you should pay attention to its warranty time. Many well-known brands provide a lifetime warranty on the frame. See how many years of warranty they offer on its moving parts, including its electronic parts.
Best Ellipticals for Small and Limited Spaces
Having an elliptical machine at home is a good investment since it simulates other physical exercises such as walking, skiing, rowing, etc., where we exercise both the upper and lower parts of the body.
And even if you are worried about not having a large space to place your machine, it is not an excuse for not having one.
Here are some elliptical machine options specifically for small spaces.
This brand is widely recognized for providing the best value elliptical machines. You will find very good feedback highlighting the good structure and operation of elliptical machines.
Now, the good news is for those who don’t have much space. Its compact design allows it to be placed in any corner of your house, and you can move it if you need it because it is very light.
Feel free to adjust its intensity manually according to your needs, as it has eight levels of magnetic resistance. It makes quiet and smooth movements and works wonders for those looking for a quiet apartment-sized elliptical or to listen to music while exercising.
You will feel safe with its mobile handlebars to train the upper torso very well. Also, it has fixed handlebars capable of controlling your heart rate.
On the other hand, it also brings a monitor that shows the speed, calories burned, and other values to feel motivated with your training.
This machine is a very good option considering its value for money.
- Anyone up to 265 lbs can exercise.
- You can put your tablet on its stand to watch videos.
- Enjoy its eight resistance levels.
- Its magnetic resistance allows quiet movements.
- Compact design.
- Transport it easily thanks to its wheels.
- It offers a 3-year warranty on its frame and 90 days on its moving parts.
- Its stride length may be short for tall people
EFITMENT E005 is a compact elliptical machine that is easily transportable. But it may be an uncomfortable little machine for tall users since its stride length is 11’’.
Those who do not have more than 5.6” will be able to control their progress on its monitor, which, although it is not high-tech, provides an elliptical machine’s basic values.
Hold on very well with its mobile handlebars while manually choosing one of its eight resistance levels, or you can also use its fixed handlebars to check your heart rate.
Apart from being a compact machine, it is for those who have a limited budget.
We highlight that its magnetic resistance and belt drive make it a silent machine, so watching TV while training is possible.
On the other hand, although you cannot pedal backward, the level of training it offers is very good considering that it is a machine at a very affordable price.
This short stride-length elliptical offers you all the accessories you need for better performance.
- Affordable price.
- Compact design.
- Fast and easy assembly.
- Easy transportation thanks to its wheels.
- Quiet performance.
- Eight resistance levels.
- Magnetic resistance.
- Its weight capacity it’s only up to 220 lbs.
- Short stride length.
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Elliptical for Small Spaces
As its name suggests, the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i elliptical machine is a model that is the best small elliptical cross trainer because it is characterized by its ergonomics since it only measures 80″x 32″ x 71″.
Thanks to its folding system, it is very easy to store when you finish your session. Folding the arms and console down until they rest against the base frame becomes one of the most compact models we have seen to date.
This elliptical offers 22 levels of resistance. Likewise, it features Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for a smoother training experience.
You can vary between 24 programs, all of them from the 5“console, ensuring that the intensity of the exercise and the burning of calories are adequate to achieve the desired results.
On the other hand, the 18 lbs flywheel gives you smoother pedaling than you would expect with traditional compact ellipticals.
Also, this smallest elliptical machine has an 18” stride length and is ideal for people of average height but can adapt to all users.
When it comes to comfort, NordicTrack’s touch grips and EKG system have been designed to tell you your heart rate by the simple contact of your hands with the sensors built into the fixed handlebar.
NordicTrack T 9.5 Best Portable Elliptical Machine for Apartment Use
This NordicTrack T 9.5 space-saving elliptical has adjustable pedals from 18″- 20″, thus responding to taller users. It is a very compact machine means that it always remains stable and does not wobble during training.
Another point that contributes to stability is that this elliptical is a front-wheel drive with a 30-pound flywheel.
This machine admits 20 degrees of incline to regulate the intensity of your exercise. Parallel to this, it includes 22 resistance levels and up to 32 programmable workouts and comes with the exclusive IFit program. Thanks to Google Maps, it proposes a real route and shows you on the screen how you are progressing along the route.
It has a 7” Smart HD Touchscreen in which, in addition to providing easy and intuitive navigation, it shows you at all times the most important constants of your session.
ProForm Carbon HIIT H14 Trainer
If you are looking for a full-body workout machine for small space, the ProForm Carbon HIIT H14 trainer is another very good option to keep in mind since it is compact and takes up half the space of a normal elliptical exercise machine, leaving you room to move (its measurements are 66 x 29 x 52 inches).
This elliptical is characterized by offering high-intensity interval training. That is to say, it is a training technique that involves repeatedly performing 100% effort during a certain time followed by short recovery periods.
You’ll get and keep your heart rate up, burning more calories and getting stronger throughout your workout.
The Carbon HIIT H14 offers you silent SMR™ magnetic resistance. It’s quiet, smooth, and durable, so you can focus on your workout without disturbing anyone at your home. It also offers 26 resistance levels, 32 training programs, and a 32-pound flywheel.
On the other hand, this portable elliptical machine for small apartments has a 14” Smart HD Touchscreen console to save 5 different user profiles. It is possible to follow an iFit training, which gives the possibility of having access to Google Maps.
Schwinn A40 – Best Folding Elliptical for Limited Spaces
Schwinn A40 is part of our best small elliptical machine list since it does not require much space. It only measures 59″ x 22.5″ x 64″, so you can place it in any corner at the end of your training.
On the other hand, it is considered a Familiar elliptical since the console supports creating 6 different user profiles where everyone can save their training results.
This elliptical machine offers two standard size pedals with a stride length of 17 “. Also, you can choose between its 8 resistance levels and between its 6 training programs to increase your resistance, flexibility, and loss of weight.
Its console with an LCD screen offers all the necessary training data, including the heart rate from the pulse grips.
Doing cardio and getting fit at home is now possible thanks to Body Rider. This low-impact elliptical machine helps take care of your joints more effectively than other machines.
In addition to its health benefits, it is also compact and easy to use since it does not have complicated electronic parts.
Anyone with limited space can exercise it without disturbing anyone since it does not produce annoying noises.
Its wheel-shaped fan system prevents unwanted noise from being generated.
If you are looking for an elliptical to perform different training intensities, you can do it with this machine.
You will have no problem manually adjusting its knob and setting the resistance that best suits you.
This is ideal for those who have had surgery, and they can exercise gently.
On the other hand, those looking for more challenging exercises can exercise more intensely thanks to its training video.
Also, it includes a monitor where you can check the speed, distance, calories you burn, etc., every time you exercise.
After training, please place it in any corner easily with its wheels.
This design meets all the requirements of those looking to exercise in their home with not much space.
- Excellent quality-price.
- It works with a chain drive fan wheel.
- Adjustable resistance.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- The drive chain can produce some noise, but it’s bearable.
Here is another budget elliptical available to choose from elliptical machines that don’t require a lot of space. Living in a confined space is not synonymous with not being able to have your machine to exercise.
With Body Champ, you will professionally exercise the whole body.
This machine stands out for being 3 in 1 elliptical bike combo machine—an elliptical machine, an upright stationary cycle, and a recumbent bike. With this machine, your training will not be the same anymore.
You can also check your progress on its console, and you can put your device on its support to keep it close.
When you finish training, push it, and its wheels will make it move easily.
Another notable feature is that it features mobile handlebars to exercise your arms, fixed handlebars with which you can control your heart rate, and another handlebar in a reclined position.
- Get 3 different machines in one.
- Its foam-padded seat provides comfort.
- Its weight capacity is 250 pounds.
- Check your heart rate easily.
- Its assembly process may take longer than normal.
Thanks to a set of front wheels that make it ultra-easy to carry, you can take this elliptical from room to room (or from home office to traditional workplace) to get your steps in any place.
And don’t be fooled by its little size: It has a monitor that counts your pace, time, distance, and calories, as well as eight degrees of magnetic resistance and adjustable handlebars to match riders of various heights.
It’s simple to put together, light, and easy to move around. The motion of your feet on the elliptical isn’t as broad a circle as on a high-quality gym elliptical, but it’s plenty for staying active and exercising at home during quarantine.
Get a two-for-one exercise with this elliptical-meets-spin-bike, which gives you twice as many workouts for the same amount of space as a single machine.
It has a battery-operated LED that tracks your elapsed speed, time, distance, calories burnt, and heart/pulse rate, and you may stand on it or sit on it to benefit from its cycling benefits.
This equipment is an excellent elliptical and cycle combination. I use my arms when my legs are tired. It took two individuals around an hour to put together.
Not a terrible job on the assembly. This is a robust machine that works for persons of various heights. In my perspective, it is robust. This is an excellent first-cycle elliptical machine, especially given the price.
Cubii Jr is a small and intriguing elliptical machine created to be used as a piece of exercise equipment under a desk. , you can pedal your feet and move your legs without getting up from your desk. So, even though you’ll be sat, you’ll still get some activity.
The equipment features two pedals, but they are not the same as those seen on a standard upright elliptical cycle found at any fitness center. Cubii Jr has eight different resistance levels to choose from and a dial on the main body to modify the difficulty.
You may monitor essential stats like strides, calories, RPM, and distance on a little screen. Because of its small size, the instrument is easily transportable. There’s also a handle to make traveling easier. It’s equipped with chair anchors the size of a hockey puck. The majority of office chair wheels will fit these anchors, which will keep the seat from rolling away.
As you can see, having a limited budget and a small space at home does not have to make it impossible for you to acquire a good quality elliptical machine.
If you want to keep fit or lose those extra pounds, you can choose one of the models that we show you on this list. These are very comfortable, as they allow you to store them anywhere. They are ideal for home use and can be as good as professional ones.