Schwinn 470 is a high-quality and silent-running elliptical machine that makes you fit and helps to control the performance of your workout. It is made of heavy-duty steel and has a strong, durable frame, making it accommodates a maximum user weight of 300 lbs.
Additionally, this middle-level elliptical comes with 29 pre-programmed workout options, multiple user profiles, and a performance tracking system. All the data is shown on its Dual Track LCD displays.
Although having certain drawbacks like only 10% incline and absence of heart rate strap, still, this is a valued pack offered by Schwinn company and very useful to use in your home.
What I Like About Schwinn 470 Elliptical
- Programmed incline. The most important and mentionable feature of this elliptical machine is its skill to make endurance and incline adjustments on the action. This machine has five adjustable key settings to control the incline adjustments. So the user can control the intensity as per the requirement with just a few clicks over the monitor. Totaling, there are 25 ECB control settings on this elliptical 470 training machine, which is very rare among other medium price range (under $1000) elliptical machines.
- 25 resistance levels. It comes with 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- Advanced interface. This elliptical machine has a control display on it. This display is with dual screens and backlit systems. You can set multiple profiles in this machine as per the usage. It will track all the activity records of individual user-profiles and keep them stored for future analysis.
- 29 workout programs. It also has 29 different built-in programs, including 12 profile workout programs, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness tests, 1 quick start program. All details stored can be downloaded in the future only by connecting this elliptical machine with Schwinn Connect mobile app or MyFitnessPal app.
- Schwinn 470 elliptical machine is extremely durable. This machine is sturdy, strong, and having a larger crossbar tubing and centrally structured design support, and a front-located flywheel. It is a lightweight elliptical machine, but still, it can be used by a user who has a 300 lbs weight.
- You can bring more fun into your workout routine. This elliptical also has Bluetooth connectivity, which can be used by pairing it with a Schwinn training app. Syncing this machine with Schwinn’s run social app (free) enables working out socially with 19 virtual locations, 27 routes, and other users worldwide.
- Useful accessories included. This highly equipped machine has an inbuilt speaker, USB charger, amendable fan, and storage to keep the media storage devices.
- User-friendly manual. This elliptical machine comes in a huge box as it is a full-sized machine. But along with this, it also includes a step-by-step illustrative manual and tools to assemble the machine.
What I Don’t Like About Schwinn 470 Elliptical
- Available incline degree is only 10%. Although it comes with a programmed incline setting, the degree of incline can be maximized to 10 degrees only. Although it can still get you a great workout, this can cause a lack of workout intensity. Other similar machines available in the market do offer an incline of up to 20%.
- It doesn’t come with a heart rate strap. This Schwinn 470 elliptical can monitor your heart rate through your fingertips. If you press and hold the sensor for a continuous 10 seconds, the heart rate is displayed on the monitor. But this strap is not provided with the elliptical.
- Not easy to assemble. There are mixed reviews from customers about this assembling process. Some reviewed that it took an hour to put all the things together, whereas others say it took double that. But it is advisable that if you pay close attention to the manual and the process, it will not seem that tough.
Schwinn 470 Elliptical Specifications
- Stride Length: 20″ Precision Path stride length
- Resistance Levels: 25
- Incline: 10° motorized adjustable ramp
- Workout programs: Yes, 29 workout programs included
- Monitor: Dual Track LCDs
- Other: Media shelf, in-console speakers with an MP3 input port
Which Is Better for Burning Fat? Treadmill and Elliptical?
Treadmills offer a stimulating workout that can be controlled according to requirements. This equipment focuses on the workout of the cardiovascular muscle system and body fats of lower body parts. In contrast, ellipticals have a gentle impact on joints and increased muscle engagement.
But neither treadmill nor elliptical training can reduce the fat in a wink. Both the machines are designed to get an overall lean figure but not go target specific fat areas.
Elliptical training involves arm exercises, which can work your core muscles. So, an elliptical machine allows you to burn your fat with lesser effort.
Schwinn is engaged in preparing different cycles for the past 100 years before introducing these fitness equipment segments. Hence they already have goodwill in this market for being dependable in terms of product quality and product longevity.
Schwinn Fitness (Schwinn) is a successor of German mechanical engineer Ignaz Schwinn’s company Arnold, Schwinn & Company, which became famous for producing bicycles, especially racing ones.
This company introduced its home exercise equipment in 1965, and since then, they evolved as a groundbreaking organization that produces various technologically equipped fitness instruments.