Elliptical workouts are most people’s favorite as they burn more calories, low-impact, and are fun to do. Also, if you’re going for endurance training, elliptical machines may help you out.
If you decide on buying an elliptical machine, you should know more about the stride length. In technical terms, stride length is the maximum distance that your legs can cover in the elliptical’s range of motion. In simple words, when one of your feet would be farthest from the other, that’s the stride length.
This length is significant because it’s necessary for your leg to fit in properly to make sure your workout will be safe.
It has been recommended by professionals that the right stride length would make it easier for you during the workout. Also, it will make you feel comfortable and quite less prone to injuries.
Elliptical machines with a 17-inch stride length fit well with people under 5’ 3”, and if you are in a hurry? Here are 5 best 17-inch stride ellipticals:
- ProForm 150i Smart 17-Inch Stride Elliptical
- GOELLIPTICAL V-450T 17” Elliptical
- GOELLIPTICAL V-200 Standard Stride 17” Programmable Elliptical
- NordicTrack E 7.5 Z Elliptical
- ProForm 250i Elliptical
See the overview, pros & cons below.
How to Find the Best Elliptical Stride Length to Fit Your Height
- 14 – 16 inches: If you’re a short and small person, this elliptical stride length range suits you best.
- 16 – 18 inches: if you’re under 5’ 5”, then you should consider this length. Remember, we will suggest you stick to this category if your legs are short regardless of average height.
- 20-inch stride elliptical: this is considered to be the one for people between 5’5 – 6’. It is also known as the gold standard. If you’re near the average height, you should pick this elliptical with this stride range
- 22-inch stride elliptical: this is applicable to 6’ or above. 22 inches also offers plenty of space for you to move around.
- Elliptical with adjustable stride: this is one of the best types of elliptical machines that have adjustable stride lengths. If you have more than one person to use the machine, they can change the settings whenever they want. Also, gyms prefer this variant in their place. If it’s affordable for you, you should definitely grab that opportunity.
The stride length is only one factor that is determined by your height. But it’s suggested that you should hit the local gyms and try some elliptical machines out and see what suits you.
|Your Height||Ideal Elliptical Stride Length|
|6’ and up||20"-22"|
Top 5 Best 17-Inch Stride Elliptical Machine Review
In this section, we will be recommending you 5 best elliptical machines with a stride length of 17-inch. If you find any of these in your local gyms, you should try them out to clear things for yourself.
1. ProForm 150i Smart Elliptical
Are you looking forward to buying a budget-friendly elliptical machine? The ProForm 150i would be a great choice for you.
The elliptical trainer offers you a large LCD that shows all the necessary data like the resistance level, distance, time, calories burned, etc.
Furthermore, if you’re stressed out with your daily routine, try some built-in workout programs. The trainer provides you with 12 such programs.
It can hold up to 250 lbs of weight. Also, you can keep your heart rate stable by monitoring it with a Bluetooth chest strap.
There are 12 resistance levels provided in the trainer that will make you challenge yourself. Also, it doesn’t matter whether you’re pedaling forward or backward. You will need the same force according to the resistance level.
It is a great source to burn calories faster. You can keep it away as it has wheels in it.
The arms have a soft grip that not only makes your hands comfortable but also prevents them from slipping off.
It is Indeed a great trainer if you’re going for a full-body or cardiovascular exercise.
ProForm offers a decent 5-yeat warranty on this trainer and a 90-day warranty on labor and parts. This shows enough that how confident they are with their product.
- 12 built-in workouts to try something new.
- It keeps a record of your stats, which is shareable.
- It comes with a great warranty.
- Large LCD that displays every detail.
- You might need a technician for the assembly part.
2. GOELLIPTICAL V-450T 17” Elliptical
Goelliptical V-450T is a strong and sturdy elliptical trainer. The construction is reliable in every aspect and offers great stability.
This 300 lbs weight capacity elliptical machine uses an eddy current resistance system, which offers you 24 resistance levels, and the foot leveling, as well as the handlebars, are adjustable.
You can find the control of resistance levels on the fixed handlebars. They provide you smooth pedaling experience.
You can transport it anytime as it has wheels in it. They have provided stabilizers on the rear end, which are adjustable.
Moving over towards the console, it indeed has quite a lot to offer. You will get an LCD that has a backlight.
From the console, you can try out 24 different programs to achieve a goal or try something new.
Furthermore, there are 4 user profiles. Hence, if you are 4 people or less, your profile’s stats wouldn’t be affected.
If you happen to have a tablet, then you can place it in the dedicated holder. Also, it provides you a quiet operation throughout the workout and has an excellent sound system so that you can enjoy some music.
- It has a substantial and sturdy construction.
- There are 24 resistance levels that use the eddy current resistance system.
- The LCD display will facilitate controlling every aspect.
- The handlebars and pedals are adjustable.
- You will compromise the console display if you place your tablet.
- Online connectivity could’ve been added.
3. GOELLIPTICAL V-200 Standard Stride 17” Programmable Elliptical
Are you looking for an elliptical machine with better durability and decent features? Then you may like the V-200 of the GoElliptical’s Vena series.
Considering the sturdy and durable construction, the trainer can hold a weight of up to 297 lbs. There are wheels provided on the front side, which makes transportation pretty simple.
You can adjust the stabilizers whenever you want. The V-200 provides you with both moving and fixed handlebars.
The fixed handlebars can measure your EKG pulse rate as they have sensors. There will be a quiet operation throughout the workout, and it will be smooth.
There are different points where you can adjust the pedals. GoElliptical V-200 uses the eddy current resistance system and offers 24 levels. Coming towards the console, it has an LCD with a backlight.
You can see all your stats like your heart rate, calories burned, time, distance, resistance level, etc. It’s just like being the captain at the ship’s deck. You can listen to music as there’s a sound system in the trainer.
You can go for the 22 workout programs to accomplish a goal or try something new for fun.
The assembly is pretty easy; follow the instructions, and you’re done. You will hardly face any maintenance issues, and there’s an outstanding warranty with it.
- There are 24 levels of resistance that uses the eddy current system.
- The pedals are adjustable and are smooth.
- The fixed handlebars have sensors that measure EKG pulse rate.
- The console provides you 22 workout programs.
- The trainer lacks a tablet holder.
- There’s no wireless connectivity available.
4. NordicTrack E 7.5 Z Elliptical
Are you looking for a trainer that has decent specs? If yes, this NordicTrack elliptical machine is for you. As you asked, it has decent specs that you will surely like.
With a front-drive design, it can hold 300 lbs at max. The unit solely weighs around 200 lbs. Also, the stride length is adjustable from 17 – 19 inches.
Furthermore, the pedals have incline abilities, which can go up to 20%. It is recommended for people who don’t have much weight or going to use it lightly. It possesses a heavier flywheel with which your strides will be smoother.
Moving on towards the console, in this, you will get in-built workout programs that you can prefer if you want to achieve a target or try something new as you’re stressed out with your routine.
Also, the handlebar grips have pulse sensors that detect your heart rate and display the same. It is compatible with a chest strap as well. You will get a great lifetime warranty on the frame and a year on labor and parts.
- The pedals have incline abilities that can reach up to 20%.
- It has a sturdy construction.
- The stride length is adjustable.
- It possesses a heavy flywheel.
- It may have useful features, but they are of low quality.
- More in-built workouts would be appreciated.
5. ProForm 250i Elliptical
Are you new to the elliptical trainer’s arena? And want to make a safe deal? If yes, then the 250i elliptical might help you out.
It is preferable for those between 5 – 6 feet and below 200 lbs in weight. If you match the criteria, then consider your full-body cardio workout to happen.
The height is a criterion as the stride length may become a problem for you. This elliptical trainer is known for its features like Bluetooth, programs, music, and fans.
The Bluetooth connectivity is great as you can keep a record of your fitness. You can go online and use the fitness apps like iFit and Google. With the help of these, you’ll try numerous workouts and sync your record.
The makers kept in mind that you should not pay any more money to provide you with 14 programs. Also, the apps are made by certified trainers.
The trainer uses a magnetic resistance system and offers 14 such resistance levels.
You will feel tired and probably sweat during the workout, so they have provided you a cooling fan to keep you active and speakers to enjoy some music.
- It offers 14 resistance levels.
- It is perfect for light users.
- Pedals are adjustable.
- It can shake during the workout.
- Connectivity might become an issue.