If you are taller and looking forward to buying an elliptical that helps you burn more calories in a shorter timeframe, you are at the right junction as this article discusses few elliptical machines with a 22-inch stride length that suitable for people over 6 feet.
An elliptical promises a full-body workout, but only when you choose the right equipment.
There are numerous machines manufactured by well-known brands in the market, but not every equipment is designed to offer the same workout.
Stride length is a crucial factor in determining your workout effectiveness.
For those who just want to see our top picks of the best 22-inch elliptical machines, here you go:
- Sole Fitness E35—Best Adjustable Stride Elliptical (20 to 22 inches)
- Sole Fitness E95
- Nautilus E618
- Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical—Best High-End 22-inch Elliptical
- Bowflex E116
Things You Should Know About the Stride Length (and How to Choose It)
Stride length is the measurement of the length of your stride, which differs from individual to individual based on factors such as their height and leg size, or the maximum distance between your feet when the elliptical is in its maximum range of motion.
Longer stride length increases your risk of muscle strain, and it is always ideal to have a shorter stride length for better performance and maximum output.
Understanding the right stride length for you is the best way to achieve the perfect elliptical workout.
The straightforward way is to simply measure your stride length, but the following guidelines could help figure out the ideal one for you.
- 16-18 inches stride line: This measurement is lesser than most standard measures but is the perfect choice for short individuals.
It is even difficult to find an elliptical with this stride length but would be the best buy for shorter people and those with lesser room space if the right one is chosen.
- 20 inches stride length: This is the standard measure that has been enforced on most ellipticals sold in the market. Choosing treadmills with 20 inches stride length should be suitable for individuals between 5’4″ and 6’5″ height.
- 22 and above stride length: Taller individuals with long legs feel comfortable working out on machines that have a longer stride length. Treadmills have up to 26 inches stride length, but generally, anything from 22-24 inches should be suitable for taller people.
- Adjustable stride length: Manufacturers design machines to match the needs of most individuals, a stride that would suit the entire family.
Some of the best ellipticals come with an adjustable stride length that seems to be the ideal solution when many people of varying heights use the same machine.
Before making a choice, it is better to visit your local fitness studio and understand the elliptical stride length that works best for you.
Top 5 Best 22-inch Stride Ellipticals
Based on different specifications and user requirements, we have come up with the five best 22-inch stride ellipticals that could help you experience a great workout session in the comfort of your home.
You can simply focus on getting on board the Sole Fitness E35 elliptical and sweating out hard towards achieving your fitness goal as this equipment comes loaded with all required features to make your exercise routine as wonderful as possible.
The stride length is adjustable between 20 and 22 inches suitable for tall users, and the noiseless drive system with the 25lb heavy aluminum flywheel integrated into the machine doesn’t even give the slightest clue to your family member in the next room that you are exercising.
Handlebars are a delight here as they come with ultimate grips against any slips.
Besides this, the handlebars are also mainly used to change resistance levels (16 different levels provided) and inclination levels between 0 and 30 degrees with the quick push of a button that’s situated in the handlebars for handy control.
Heart rate monitoring is possible using the handlebars, and the machine is provided with a chest strap for easy and precise measurement.
The equipment is provided with a built-in cooling fan and a water bottle holder to simplify workout rigors while a 7.5 inch backlit LCD screen displays critical metrics such as speed, distance, calories burned, and more.
Two different user profiles are possible where both users can enjoy listening to songs or watch movies using their tablets/smartphones.
- High-density steel frame with a lifetime warranty
- Could bear up to 375 pounds of user weight
- Forward and reverse functionality
- Excellent inclination options and resistance levels
- Only ten predefined exercise programs
- It takes much time to assemble
The Sole Fitness E95 is one of the best front-drive elliptical trainers as it assures the smoothest exercise experience with its noiseless drive system catering to the needs of every type of user—beginner, intermediate or advanced.
The machine impresses users with its 20 different resistance levels and 20 different inclination levels that could take your exercising experience to the next level. It has an adjustable stride between 20 and 22 inches that helps various family members reap benefits from a piece of a single piece of equipment.
Also, its maximum user weight of 400 pounds and a 30-pound flywheel capacity (one of the heaviest in the market) makes it easier for overweight/obese individuals to exercise without worrying about safety issues.
The handlebars are stationary but provided with pulse sensors and help in varying inclination and resistance levels.
The machine is strong and durable, constructed with a heavy-duty steel frame that has a lifetime warranty. Additional features include a big console and Bluetooth connectivity that help you connect with external fitness apps or listen to your favorite music by connecting your smartphone or tablet.
- ‘Worm Drive’ offers ultimate customization options
- Heavy-duty flywheels
- Ten different exercise programs with a 0-20 degree power inclination
- It has forward and backward movement capability
- Exuberant pricing, though worth the money spent, is not affordable by all
- Only ten workout programs
- Stride length might not suit shorter trainers
One of the best innovations from Nautilus occupying a top-rated position, the E618, is designed with the best resistance system and longest stride and is fit for targeting various muscle groups with its 29 predefined exercise programs that help you attain maximal benefits from working out.
The unit has multi-position handlebars that integrate different inclination levels and resistance control for easy accessibility of the user.
The manufacturer has smartly provided motorized inclination from 0-10 degrees simply with the touch of a button!
Exercising becomes challenging with increasing resistance levels, and the E618 model understands this perfectly due to which the machine comes with 25 different settings that could be adjusted according to the training level of the user.
This equipment has 22” dual stride rails that fit the requirements of tall users providing them with stability and balance.
The machine supports up to four different user-profiles and has an inbuilt stats tracking app that gives the user the exact metric details such as calories burned.
The console must be appreciated here as the device is provided with a clear blue backlit screen that could be tilted according to user convenience to view different metrics.
- Heavy flywheel (30 pounds)
- Withstand user weight up to 350 pounds
- 15-year warranty on frame, five years on parts and two years on electronics and labor
- Bluetooth connectivity option for syncing data with external fitness apps
- Quite expensive
- Not so easy to assemble
- Requires frequent maintenance but lasts longer than most equipment when given appropriate care
BXE216 has a console where you can check your progress and connect it to your favorite device, thanks to its Bluetooth technology.
Also, it includes an application called RunSocial with which you can synchronize and set your goals.
It is very well built and stands out for its high-quality materials.
Enjoy training with three different incline levels, and thanks to its 22-inch stride length, you can have very comfortable and natural movements.
Also, exercise all the leg muscles with its 25 resistance levels. This model is really an excellent option since it is a complete machine, and its price is worth it.
Feel powerful with its 11 training programs built into its large LCD console.
Personalize your training while listening to your favorite music or watching your series of the day. This machine offers many different options that you would like to try.
- 11 different training programs.
- Its weight capacity is fantastic, up to 400 pounds.
- Ability to incline the pedals.
- 25 resistance levels.
- Its weight can be a little heavy.
Enjoy a smooth cycling experience with the 20-pound heavy-duty flywheel provided in the equipment that ensures a quiet ride.
There are 25 different resistance levels to help every kind of user train according to their level and intensity choices. Increase or decrease levels to enjoy low-impact/high-impact workouts that promote full-body workouts.
The pedals can incline up to a maximum of 10 degrees and are provided with adjustable cushioning for additional comfort.
Most users workout to slim down and tone up for which the Bowflex E116 could be apt as the machine’s console displays accurate calories burned per minute rather than giving you the total number.
This could be an additional motivation for trainers as they are bound to increase speed and resistance to garner maximized performance results.
The Bluetooth connectivity option in the console helps you log data to external fitness apps, too, for maintaining long-term fitness details.
- Four different user profile
- Excellent handlebars with grip support and buttons to change resistance and inclination levels
- Accurate calorie tracking facility
- Maximum user weight of 400 lbs.
- No fan
- Only nine predefined workout programs
Taller people are envied for their height, but this could even result in drawbacks sometimes—for instance, when you don’t choose the right exercise equipment that promises stability and safety.
If you are tall and have decided to buy an elliptical, don’t look for a machine that offers lesser stride length.
All the five ellipticals mentioned above are suitable for tall people (above 6 feet), providing them with optimal mobility, safety, muscle gain, weight loss, and enriching workout experience. Choose any of it and reap ultimate benefits.