If you are taller and looking forward to buying an elliptical that helps you sculpt your body and burn more calories in a shorter timeframe, you are at the right junction as this article discusses the best affordable elliptical machines with a 22-inch stride length that suitable for people over 6 feet.
An elliptical promises a full-body workout, but it works only when you choose the right machine with optimal stride length—a crucial factor in determining your workout effectiveness.
There are numerous elliptical machines manufactured by well-known brands in the market, but not every piece of equipment is designed for tall persons.
For those who just want to see our top picks of the best 22-inch elliptical machines, here you go:
- Sole Fitness E35—Best Adjustable Stride Elliptical (20 to 22 inches)
- Sole Fitness E95
- Nautilus E618
- Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical—Best High-End 22-inch Elliptical
- Bowflex E116
Things You Should Know About the Stride Length (and How to Choose It)
Stride length is the measurement of the length of your stride, which differs from individual to individual based on factors such as their height and leg size or the maximum distance between your feet when the elliptical is in its maximum range of motion.
A longer stride length might increase your risk of muscle strain, while a slightly shorter stride length is good for better performance and maximum output. Understanding the right stride length for you is the best way to achieve the perfect elliptical workout.
The straightforward way is to simply measure your stride length, but the following guidelines could help figure out the ideal one for you.
- 14 – 16 inch stride: If you’re under 5’, this elliptical stride length range suits you best. It is even difficult to find an elliptical with this stride length, but it would be the best buy for shorter people and those with lesser room space if the right one is chosen.
- 16-18 inches stride length: This measurement is lesser than most standard stride lengths but is the perfect choice for individuals between 5’ – 5’5.
- 20 inches stride length: This is the standard measure that has been enforced on most ellipticals sold in the market. Choosing an elliptical with 20 inches stride length should be suitable for individuals between 5’5″ and 6’ height.
- 22 stride length: Taller individuals (6’ and up) with long legs feel comfortable working out on machines that have a longer stride length. Ellipticals have up to 26 inches stride length, but generally, anything from 22-24 inches should be suitable for taller people.
- Adjustable stride length: Manufacturers design machines to match the needs of most individuals, a stride that would suit the entire family.
Some of the best ellipticals come with an adjustable stride length and is an ideal choice when have people of varying heights use the same machine.
Before making a choice, it is better to visit your local fitness studio and understand the elliptical stride length that works best for you.
|Your Height||Ideal Elliptical Stride Length|
|6’ and up||20"-22"|
Top 5 Best 22-Inch Stride Ellipticals
Based on different specifications and user requirements, we have come up with the five best compact ellipticals with long strides that help you get a great workout session in the comfort of your home.
You can simply focus on getting on board the Sole Fitness E35 elliptical and sweating out hard towards achieving your fitness goal as this equipment comes loaded with all required features to make your exercise routine as wonderful as possible.
The stride length is adjustable between 20 and 22 inches and suitable for tall users, and the noiseless drive system with the 25lb heavy aluminum flywheel integrated into the machine doesn’t even give the slightest clue to your family member in the next room that you are exercising.
Handlebars are a delight here as they come with ultimate grips against any slips.
Besides this, the handlebars are also mainly used to change resistance levels (16 different levels provided) and inclination levels between 0 and 30 degrees with the quick push of a button that’s situated in the handlebars for handy control.
Heart rate monitoring is possible using the handlebars, and the machine is provided with a chest strap for easy and precise measurement.
This low step-up height elliptical is provided with a built-in cooling fan and a water bottle holder to simplify workout rigors, while a 7.5 inch backlit LCD screen displays critical metrics such as speed, distance, calories burned, and more.
Two different user profiles allow you to enjoy listening to songs or watching movies using their tablets/smartphones.
- High-density steel frame with a lifetime warranty
- Could bear up to 375 pounds of user weight
- Forward and reverse functionality
- Excellent inclination options and resistance levels
- Only ten predefined exercise programs
- It takes much time to assemble
You be baffled by the hefty price tag of this Sole E95 elliptical, but once you get to know its specifications and use, there is no way that you would be complaining about its expensive pricing.
The Sole Fitness E95 is one of the best front-drive elliptical trainers. It assures the smoothest exercise experience with its noiseless drive system catering to the needs of every type of user—beginner, intermediate or advanced.
The machine impresses users with 20 different resistance levels and 20 different inclination levels that could take your exercise experience to the next level. It has an adjustable stride between 20 and 22 inches that helps various family members reap benefits from a piece of a single piece of equipment.
Also, its maximum user weight of 400 pounds and its 30-pound flywheel capacity (one of the heaviest in the market) makes this durable elliptical suitable for overweight/obese individuals to exercise without worrying about safety issues.
The handlebars are stationary but provided with pulse sensors and help in varying inclination and resistance levels.
The machine is strong and durable, constructed with a heavy-duty steel frame that has a lifetime warranty. Additional features include a big console and Bluetooth connectivity that help you connect with external fitness apps or listen to your favorite music by connecting your smartphone or tablet.
- ‘Worm Drive’ offers ultimate customization options
- Heavy-duty flywheels
- Ten different exercise programs with a 0-20 degree power inclination
- It has forward and backward movement capability
- Exuberant pricing, though worth the money spent, is not affordable by all
- Only ten workout programs
- Stride length might not suit shorter trainers
One of the best innovations from Nautilus occupying a top-rated position, the E618, is designed with the best resistance system and longest stride and is fit for targeting various muscle groups with its 29 predefined exercise programs that help you attain maximal benefits from working out.
The unit has multi-position handlebars that integrate different inclination levels and resistance control for easy accessibility of the user.
The manufacturer has smartly provided motorized inclination from 0-10 degrees simply with the touch of a button!
Exercising becomes challenging with increasing resistance levels, and the E618 model understands this perfectly. The machine comes with 25 different settings that could be adjusted according to the training level of the user.
This affordable elliptical machine has 22” dual stride rails that fit the requirements of tall users providing them with stability and balance.
The machine supports up to four different user profiles and has an inbuilt stats tracking app that gives the user the exact metric details such as calories burned.
The console should be appreciated here as the device is provided with a clear blue backlit screen that could be tilted according to user convenience to view different metrics.
- Heavy flywheel (30 pounds) for smooth workout experience
- Withstand user weight up to 350 pounds
- 15-year warranty on frame, five years on parts and two years on electronics and labor
- Bluetooth connectivity option for syncing data with external fitness apps
- Not so easy to assemble
- Requires frequent maintenance but lasts longer than most equipment when given appropriate care
BXE216 has a console where you can check your progress and connect it to your favorite device, thanks to its Bluetooth technology.
Also, it includes an application called RunSocial, with which you can synchronize and set your goals. It is very well built and stands out for its high-quality materials.
Enjoy training with three different incline levels, and thanks to its 22-inch stride length, you can have very comfortable and natural movements.
Also, exercise all the leg muscles with its 25 resistance levels. This model is really an excellent option since it is a complete full-body workout machine, and its price is worth it.
Feel powerful with its 11 training programs built into its large LCD console.
Personalize your training while listening to your favorite music or watching your series of the day. This machine offers many different options that you would like to try.
- 11 different training programs
- Its weight capacity is fantastic, up to 400 pounds
- Ability to incline the pedals
- 25 resistance levels
- Its weight can be a little heavy
Enjoy a smooth cycling experience with the 20-pound heavy-duty flywheel provided in the equipment that ensures a quiet ride.
This quiet elliptical machine comes with 25 different resistance levels to help every kind of user train according to their level and intensity choices. Increase or decrease levels to enjoy low-impact/high-impact workouts that promote full-body workouts.
The pedals can incline up to a maximum of 10 degrees and are provided with adjustable cushioning for additional comfort.
Most people use an elliptical machine aims to tone and sculpt the whole body, for which the Bowflex E116 could be apt as the machine’s console displays accurate calories burned per minute rather than giving you the total number, making it ideal for tracking your progress.
This could be an additional motivation for trainers as they are bound to increase speed and resistance to garner maximized performance results.
The Bluetooth connectivity option in the console helps you log data to external fitness apps, too, for maintaining long-term fitness details.
- Four different user profile
- Excellent handlebars with grip support and buttons to change resistance and inclination levels
- Accurate calorie tracking facility
- Maximum user weight of 400 lbs
- No built-in fan
- Only nine predefined workout programs
Final Words: Find the Best Elliptical Machine with 22-Inch Stride Length
Taller people are envied for their height, but this could even result in drawbacks sometimes—for instance, when you don’t choose the right exercise equipment that promises stability and safety.
If you are taller than normal or simply want a great workout, finding an elliptical that matches your size is critical. However, the stride length that best suits your needs should be considered when including an elliptical in your workout. These ellipticals should be at the top of your list if you’re 6″ or taller.
All the five ellipticals mentioned above are suitable for tall people (above 6 feet), providing them with optimal mobility, safety, muscle gain, weight loss, and enriching workout experience. Choose any of it and reap the ultimate benefits.
Personally, I’d save up and get the Sole E95, which is really high-quality. Although the model is somewhat more expensive than other alternatives, it appears to be simple to build, modify for various exercises, and personalize thanks to its many programming possibilities. This is the type of equipment that will serve you for the rest of your exercise career.