Recumbent bikes are the best options for those who have lower back pain than other exercise equipment, and they provide additional support to your back, which provides more ease to your cardio workout.
With optimum footing, back support, and seating space, these bikes are an all-out winner.
However, the price of recumbent bikes is varied. You can find a recumbent bike with a priced tag of over $1000 in the market, and you can also get a budget bike for under $200.
The recumbent bikes under $500 have been the market favorites as they provide the best value for the money. So if you don’t want to spend that much money on it, but on the other hand, also concern about the bike quality, a recumbent bike under $500 would be your best choice.
Here are the top 8 best recumbent exercise bikes under $500:
- Nautilus Recumbent Bike Series – Nautilus R616
- Nautilus Recumbent Bike Series – Nautilus R614
- Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike
- Velocity Exercise Dual Motion Recumbent Bike
- Exerpeutic 2000 High Capacity Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike
- Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike
- ProForm 325CSX Exercise Bike
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RBD4703
Find more details below
What to Look for When Choosing an Affordable Recumbent Bike for Under $500?
Just like any other cardio support machine, the recumbent bikes also have specific properties. These are highly important to ensure a great workout session for strength buildup and fat loss. The following prominent features are what you should look for.
The angle of recline for recumbent bikes plays a crucial role. Some of them have rigid, while some have adjustable attachments. The user should select these as per their suitability.
It may sound a cliché, but the paddle is another factor you should look for. Recumbent bikes have forward-positioned paddles, and the altitude is important for selection. An overall extension with a paddling angle of 20 to 30 degrees is prescribed.
The seating should be accommodative and adjustable for people of all ages. Most often, the recumbent bikes have the option to set the gradient.
Modern-day choices for recumbent bikes have multiple modes of operation. This basically means that there are pre-set exercise routines and toughness levels to follow.
The control panel is another important feature of recumbent bikes. While some would have touchpads, others would use quick keys to navigate. Options such as cooling fans, music sync, etc., also depend upon the price range.
Ease of Moving
If the recumbent bikes are for gym layout, rigid ones are preferred. However, for home or working spaces, portable and lightweight designs are preferred.
While some recumbent bikes have only basic panels, others have sensors on the handles for pulse measurement.
Most of the recumbent bikes under $500 would have either upright (front) or parallel (adjacent to seat) handles. It depends upon user discretion as both are rigid.
Top 8 Best Inexpensive Recumbent Bikes Under $500
The reputation of Nautilus speaks for itself when it comes to recumbent bikes. Nautilus R616 is another addition to the already excellent series of productions.
With adaptable seating, near-perfect paddles, state-of-the-art automation, and diverse connectivity features, this product is a hands-down champion. The low-inertia design provides smooth starting and running-in features for the bike.
This budget recumbent bike has a total of 25 different resistance levels that are easy to use with one click. It makes life really easy for the user to select and move along a level.
Also, this compact recumbent bike boasts an LCD with USB ports, inbuilt speakers, easy keys, a cooling fan, and much more.
It can sync with the trademark World App, providing the user with an interesting feature to connect with real-time users pan-world and exercise together.
If you suffer from back problems or joint pains, this exercise bike comes with proper seating with right-back support for middle and old-age users.
- The product is loaded with features that are rare to find in its class
- Budget orientation for economy buyers
- Connectivity features for modern-day fitness enthusiasts
- Sliding design for seat position
- Low inertia starting principle
- Little bulky to move around
- Needs at least a moderate amount of space to use freely
The Nautilus R614 is a compact recumbent bike and has a robust framework with sensors and necessary automation, making the product a worthy buy. It comes with a backlit LCD with easy access to readings of time, calories, and other workout data.
This bike is much similar to its big brother: Nautilus R616, which is a bit expensive than Nautilus R614
And the slide and lock feature for the seating is an easily adjustable user favorite. Nautilus R614 has 20 resistance levels, which makes it highly adaptable and efficient for the user to extract full advantage.
This inexpensive recumbent bike also features 22 built-in programs for a wide range of workout intensity options.
The assembly of the R614 recumbent bike is straightforward and easy and it is said by most customers that this process will roughly take about an hour. Also, it comes with a user-friendly manual to assist in putting it together.
- Inertia drive for a smoother transition and no jerks
- Sliding and adjustable seat
- Multiple resistance modes for a customized exercise regime
- Easy USB plugs and interactive front panel
- A restricted inclination for sitting arrangement
- Little bulky to fit in tight spaces
The Exerpeutic 4000 is a budget magnetic recumbent bike and built solid. The precisely balanced flywheel is well-designed and provides you a smooth and quiet full-body workout experience, with the assistance of the V-Belt drive.
This 325 lbs capacity recumbent bike can accommodate both tall and big people. The weight of this bike is 71 lbs, pretty lightweight. And the transport wheels at the bottom help for easy transportation and mobility.
There are 12 built-in workout programs and 4 heart rate workouts in this recumbent bike. With cushioned hand support and a large comfortable “Air Soft” seat, this bike is top-rated in the category.
- Moderate weight design for easy movement
- Comfortable seating with airsoft seating technology
- Hand rest and upright handles
- Magnetic resistance for a tough design feature
- The basic design of the control panel
- More rigid seat movement
The place where the Velocity bike beats the other recumbent bikes is the wholesome body motion. In addition to the lower body exercise, this exercise bike has moving arms on the top, which helps you work your upper body muscle out.
The cushioned seat and extended back seat support your back and helps with a comfortable full-body workout; the 5K design for the front-located weighted flywheel provides a smooth load transition.
This is one of the best small recumbent bikes on this list compared with other bulkier models, and it is relatively easy to move around.
- Fixed wheels for moving the bike around
- Light-weight and comparatively easy to handle
- Perfect for tight spaces and squeezes
- Full body upright support for no extra stress
- Relatively simple and basic control panel
- Only manual dial feature for tension adjustment
The Exerpeutic 2000 is a lightweight recumbent bike, with only 63 lbs. weight, it can accommodate a maximum user weight of 300 lbs. It has the traditional approach of deep seating along with straight armrests, which have advanced cushioning for elbow and forearm support too.
Because of the low weight and ease of dismantling, the bike is easy to carry and assembled by a single person.
The Exerpeutic 2000 is one of the most budget-friendly options for both beginners and pro riders. The front panel has extendable support on top for keeping tabs on mobile devices.
The back support is around a 20-degree angle and optimum for rest and support during the exercise.
- Easy to move and a solid base for securing
- Armrest and elbow support for upper body ease
- Reclined back support for avoiding any pain
- Lock seating feature to secure proper posture
- Basic panel for display and control
- Lesser number of modules
Marcy NS-716 is another lightweight recumbent bike that can be easily handled by a single person and moved around. It is not a commercial-grade model but can be used for home gyms definitely.
The recumbent bike has eight built-in workout programs for more enjoyable workout experiences. Marcy NS-716R is one of the sturdy bikes on this list, and the Marcy NS-716R has a fixed level of recline for better back support.
With a leverage bar and locking knob, the bottom base of the bike is extendable. This is friendly to accommodate people of different heights. This bike also comes with 8 magnetic resistance levels to provide light to medium workouts.
- Easy to move and suitable for tight spaces
- Reclined seat for back and lower body support
- Extendable structure for accommodating different users
- Easy support through handlebars for body frame support
- Basic panel with not many automation features
- Only dial-knob to adjust tension and resistance
The ProForm 325CSX has a large comfortable seat for providing extra cushioning and support. The seat also has a slide mechanism that makes the seat can be shift and locked easily.
The recumbent bike has an enhanced panel with a bright and wide display counter and buttons for controlling the resistance.
The parallel handles along the seat have cushions while the upright ones in the front have sensors for heart rate monitoring.
This budget recumbent bike comes with 20 different levels of resistance to provide medium to high-level training Multi-functional panel: The panel has multiple easy keys and also a cooling fan design for ease of users.
- 20 resistance and functioning levels
- Easy storage for bottles and electronic devices
- Handle-embedded sensors for heart rate monitoring
- Chair-like seating for the comfort of customers
- Heavy to move around and use in tight spaces
- No appropriate support for elbows on the hand rest
The solid framework and quick adjustment design are the highlights of this recumbent bike. It has a front-loaded tray to keep essentials and gadgets and this platform also acts as a support base for the hands and elbows while working out. The seat height is adjustable and the front platform is extendable.
SF-RBD4703 comes with transport wheels at the bottom and which make it easily portable across halls and spaces. The seat can be reclined to provide comfortable back support while working out.
- Comfortable for usage because of extra platform support
- Easy sliding chair with easy lock feature
- Various modules for variable training parameters
- Extensions knobs that are easily accessible
- Resistance adjustable only through know
- The front platform can sometimes be space-consuming for tight places
- Top 8 Best Exercise Bikes Under $500 – Read Before You Buy
- Top 8 Best Recumbent Bikes for Back Problems & Pain
- Top 5 Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes for Big and Tall Persons