The usual idea of training aims to make gains that are visible on the outline of their body. However, it is not always possible to fit the biggest and the heaviest of the machine at will.
Most spaces like apartments, offices, etc. do not have the leisure of the great and spacious outlines.
Hence, it becomes increasingly difficult to train your body if you don’t want to go to the gym and have limited space.
But the TRX suspension trainer system will be the solution for your small space or apartment workout.
TRX suspension trainer is a body-weight resistance training system designed to build your muscle, balance, and flexibility. Although it is smaller than the ordinary training equipment, like free weight, exercise bikes, or multi-gym, it does need space requirements.
How much space do you need for TRX training? You might need at least 8 feet long by 6 feet wide. Otherwise, you can fully stretch your limbs on the flat surface to increase your strength, stability, and flexibility.
What Is TRX Trainer?
As the name suggests, the total resistance exercise system, or the TRX system, in short, is a piece of considerable exercise equipment for home use. Instead of utilizing the external forces or their loads such as weights or dumbbells, the TRX works differently.
In the simplest forms, TRX trainer is a suspension band or a strap fixed or anchored to a steady surface like a wall or a door.
The band is anchored in a way that has two halves on both sides in the form of V.
These two halves will have handles fixed at both ends to provide a gripping surface for the user to hold and work with.
Through this, the user is supposed to suspend themselves against gravity in various forms and positions.
Each form would exert the resistance to a specific muscle group or core and hence provide the right training for that group.
Why Should You Use the TRX Trainer?
The TRX suspension trainer relies on the weight of the person and the resistance created by weight to pose the person against it.
This weight, which acts in the form of resistance against the body, provides the right amount of force to work against. Hence, for those who rely more on weight training or cardio sessions, TRX trainers are the solution for limited space training.
The most prominent advantages of the TRX trainer are:
#1. Ease of Training
Because the TRX is a simple tool, it can be effectively used in any part and any place.
For instance, the gyms are always the right place for finding a TRX band.
However, with the widespread trend, these have crept their way into homes, gardens, offices, and much more.
#2. Solid Core
Because the trainer focuses on each muscle group through oriented placement, the core is the target.
From back to abs, upper body, thighs, and every other core group are targeted.
Hence, a wholesome core training regime is found for development.
The TRX trainers are universal in their application.
May it is a teenager or an aged person, anyone can use it.
From a couple of well-taught tutorials, even the novice and rookie users are ready to use the TRX.
This makes the trainer largely famous with members of all ages and sizes.
Where Should You Place Your TRX Trainer at Home?
For those who want to work out while their time at home, a TRX trainer is extremely helpful. Even more helpful is the fact that it is highly easy to set up these against multiple surfaces with complete safety and ease. You can mount your TRX trainer indoor or outdoors.
#1. Indoor Options
The indoor options necessarily include easy and tidy methods to use a TRX safely and securely.
These are just the everyday spaces being turned into an effective training spot.
Some of the common places are:
- A Door is a right answer for fixing a TRX trainer. It is easy to set up and can be put and removed at will.
- A ceiling strongpoint is equally good or better than a door, given that it gives much more versatility. The idea is to make sure the strongpoint is either an integral part of the roof or strongly bolted.
- The Beam support can be an ideal place to wrap the TRX trainer around and use it for training. It can provide mid and lower body core training options.
- Railings are often the right place to secure a TRX trainer suspension strap. However, it must be a surety that the railing has a solid foundation and is not prone to breaking or flexing.
The outdoor options often utilize the lawn or the garden space for a home.
These are incredibly useful, especially for those who have a spacious outside to their homes and are willing to utilize it.
Some common outdoor setup options are:
- The Tree can provide the right option for support and suspension for those who have a large garden with old trees. Tree branches, to be precise, are the right option. However, the branches should be strong and bear your weight.
- Railings that are rugged and have a solid foundation are also an effective option for outside TRX training setup.
- Fences can provide the right option too. Slide the band through them and wrap it for an effective mid and lower core regime.
- Suspensions and Frames are often the right space as one can simply wrap the TRX suspension across and readily use it.
How to Set up Your TRX Trainer on the Door?
Hence, the easy process of setting up the TRX trainer across the door and use it securely will constitute:
- Attach the TRX trainer mid-point to an anchor (TRX trainer anchor) and make sure it is properly attached.
- By keeping the door in a semi-locked position, slide the anchor over the door and then close it tightly.
- In this position, the TRX trainer band is towards your side of the door in a V form, while the center is anchored to the door.
- The anchor is on the other side of the door and pushed against the door to take your weight.
- Do not forget to bolt the door from your side to make sure no accidental slide or opening happens.
Setting up a TRX trainer against the door is the most effective and easy option for a place with limited space. Moreover, the setup process is not tricky at all and has no catch to cause any harm to the user.
#1. Will TRX Damage the Door?
The idea is about the fact that there can be possible damage to the door through the Trainer’s anchor. However, it has been already assured by the manufacturers that no such incident is possible even for the slightest of chance.
While most people rely on fixing the TRX trainer to the door, some are skeptical.
#2. What Should You Keep in Mind When You Mount the TRX on the Door?
The only conditions that are required to be met to make sure the door does not get any damage are:
- Make sure the anchor is completely onto the other side and not dangling in-between when exercising
- Make sure the foundation and the hinges of the door are in good condition and not rusted or worn off
- Ensure that the door is properly closed and can be opened only by the person who is exercising to prevent any damage through accidents
#3. Is TRX Door Anchor Safe?
The TRX trainer’s door anchors have certified prototypes. These are made well beyond the estimated factor of safety. So the TRX door anchors are completely safe and secure to work with.
Moreover, the anchors resistant to damage and tamper through any significant impact.
However, these must be not left exposed to rough weather or open rains for a prolonged period.
TRX Suspension Trainer Mounting Methods on Various Surfaces
#1. How to Install TRX Trainer on Your Ceilings?
For the most dedicated users who are ready to commit their roof, TRX ceiling attachment is the right option. By the use of an X-mount, the TR suspension band can be secured to the ceiling with a minimum of fuss.
The steps involved in the setup are:
- Use an X-mount, which has two holes in it. The holes are for either rivets or bolts to go through.
- With a measure of the dimension, make the identical two holes onto the ceiling surface.
- Mount the attachment and tighten the bolts and check it for the weight suspension.
- Use the 360-degree wide motion range provided by the attachment for the TRX suspension.
#2. The Way to Mount Your TRX Trainer on Beam and Railing
Mounting the TRX trainer onto the beam and railing is a convenient way of making it available for exercise.
It gives a wide range of motion to every prospective user and hence gives the right flexibility.
However, it can be risky if the person does not secure the trainer anchor properly as it can slip or slide through.
Hence, it is necessary to follow the given steps:
- Mount the anchor or the extension for the TRX trainer onto the beam or railing.
- Give it at least 2-3 turns to make sure the trainer does not slip.
- A person can increase the number of turns given the kind of tightness and height required.
#3. How to Wrap Your TRX Trainer around the Gym/Weight Racks?
If you want to wrap your TRX trainer around the weight racks, you should follow the procedure to make a secure arrangement:
- Check the foundation bolts of the rack and see they are fixed and grounded.
- Wrap the anchor and the extension for at least 2-3 turns on the frame
- Make sure the motion is free of any sharp edges.
- Make sure the space is free from obstruction for any passerby as well.
It is an easy task and a convenient one too to wrap the TRX trainer around the weight racks or machine frames.
Moreover, these can be easily removed and taken away upon the person’s convenience.
However, safety is the main concern when doing so.
#4. How to Mount Multiple TRX Trainer on S-frame?
The S-frame is the commercial anchoring solution provided for anchoring and supporting the TRX trainers. The S-frame needs to be secured at a certain location that has directional access on all four sides.
On the top, the frame consists of the monkey bars in addition to the mainframe.
The bars are utilized to secure the anchor and the extension of the TRX trainer and suspend it through.
Since the height of the trainer is quite high, hence six trainers can easily be secured on a given side for training.
In addition to this, the S-frame would also support the power ropes.
Even the weight bags are easily supported onto the frame for further training processes.
Various additional attachments are available for the frame, depending upon the usage requirements.
#5. How to Mount TRX Suspension on Stairs?
If you want to mount the TRX suspension trainer onto the stairs, refer the following:
- Make sure the stairs do not have rough edges for damaging the suspension.
- If the stairs are with intermediate spacing, the trainer can be mounted directly onto the stair. Alternatively, the frame of the stair railings can be used for the mounting purpose.
- If mounting onto the frame, give it multiple turns to adjust the height and prevent from slipping.
- Additionally, the anchor can be used to secure the TRX trainer suspension when mounting it onto the stair too.
The versatility of the TRX trainer is in the fact that it can be easily mounted onto a plethora of surfaces.
The only fact of the concern is that the surface for mounting the trainer should not have loose ends or sharp edges.
Also, the surface should be tightened or fixed because the trainer relies on weight.
Any movement of the mounting surface can leave the person in a precarious position related to their safety.
TRX Mounting Essentials
The following essentials are important to be understood for a safe workout with TRX trainers.
#1. How High Should Your TRX Suspension Be Mounted?
In general, the standard height for securing the anchor for the TRX suspension is 9 to 11 feet from the ground. Moreover, the point of anchoring should be strong enough to support the individual’s weight easily.
For the ease of exercise, the anchor point needs to have flexibility.
And put the anchor point on the position that higher than your height, it will be highly helpful for variable motion.
#2. How Much Weight can TRX Hold?
The myth of TRX trainers not being safe is completely baseless. People have often been careless when it comes to securing the suspension. For instance, sharp edges and loose ends must be avoided. A standard TRX trainer can safely bear up to 1400 pounds of weight.
Hence, the trainer is suitable to support the largest frame of human beings that are possible in a very easy way.
If you are struggling to find a portable home gym, then the TRX suspension trainer is a considerable choice. It will bring your workout to the next level.
With this trainer, you will increase your flexibility and strengthen your upper body strength without worrying about occupying too much space.
You just need to simply mount your TRX suspension trainer on the place you want, and you can start your workout.