The Rogue R3 is a highly durable, powerful, and budget-friendly power rack for both beginners and advanced lifters. This rack has a lot to offer and very little to make you question buying it.
If you want space savings and want to choose a compact squat rack for your home gym, this Rogue Rogue power rack will be a great choice. It takes small space and comes with numerous attachments and accessories that can increase the whole rack’s versatility and capabilities, such as a fat/skinny pullup bar, infinity J-Cups, band pegs, etc.
The Rogue R3 power rack is made from 2″ x 3″ 11-gauge steel, making it durable enough and can support a maximum weight of up to 1000 lbs. This would be a great power rack for use in the garage gym or home.
Rogue R3 has a small footprint of 53″ x 34″ and is considered the most compact model in the R-series. The Rogue R3 Power Rack comes in two variants, a standard version (90″ height) and a short version (84″ height). The price in these two models has no differences, but the short power rack version would be your go-to choice if you live in a room with low ceilings.
One of the biggest advantages you can grab from the standard version (90’’ height) is that you can perform kipping pull-ups on it. You can easily hang on the bar without your feet touching the ground.
Compared with Rogue RML-3 Monster Lite Rack, which is made of 3’’ x 3’’ uprights, Rogue R3 is less expensive and less stable.
The 3’’ x 3’’ 11-gauge steel will give more aesthetic to the power rack, but costly. And if you are on the hunt for a budget power rack and want to get a balance between cost and performance, Rogue R3 is the best option.
The lower price doesn’t mean the Rogue R3 will compromise with the quality, and in fact, Rogue R3 is durable enough to support your lifting and other heavyweight training.
The 1-inch Westside hole spacing is a lifesaver, gives you the ability to make micro-adjustments to the safety bars, which is very helpful if you are using the pins when benching.
What makes Rogue fitness equipment stand out is its lifetime warranty. It is not the cheapest power rack in the market, but it is the most durable and built to last long.
Who Is Rogue R3 Power Rack For?
- If you want to bring a power rack to your garage or home and want to save some bucks and want this rack to last long, then the Rogue R3 power rack is for you. Rogue R3 is one of the best value power racks that comes with decent parts and attachments, such as Westside Hole spacing and skinny/fat pull-up bars. In many cases, you have to buy it separately and worry about compatibility.
- If you want to buy a budget power rack with an aesthetic looking that appeals to all your senses.
- If you want to buy a solid, durable, and compact power rack that can support all your trains.
- If you are on the hunt for a budget power rack and want to get a balance between cost and performance, Rogue R3 is the best option.
What I Like About Rogue R-3 Power Rack
There are tonnes of things that you will like about the Rogue R3 power rack, such as:
- The Rogue R3 power rack provides 1-inch Westside hole spacing for height adjustment.
- Its compact footprint and choices in different heights make this power rack more popular.
- The Rogue R3 Power Rack is straightforward to assemble, and it can save lots of your time.
- There’s no need to speak of the sturdiness and durability of Rogue fitness equipment. The Rogue R3 Power Rack is solid, built to last long, and can hold up to 1000 lbs without creating any disturbance.
- You will have numerous power rack attachments compatible with Rogue R3, and this will provide you more exercise options.
What I Don’t Like
Even the Rogue R3 power rack is one of the best value power racks for the money, and there still can be some improvements to this top-rated power rack:
- This power rack must be bolted to the floor before use.
- It has only one color.
- You have to pay extra bills for upgrades.
- Without putting the bolts in, place it to the ground where you find it fitting.
- Now, with the help of your feet, keep it down to the surface by applying force on it.
- Use a barbell and put on some weights to make sure it stays the same, and remove your feet.
- Now, start tightening the bolts and make sure not to leave any loose.
- Note: the 3/8” lag screws need a 15/16” socket to be fit.
Available Attachments and Accessories for Rogue R-3 Power Rack
- Adjustable Monolifts: The Rogue Adjustable Monolift attachment is a great cost-efficient alternative to expensive, full-scale Monolift units, giving athletes a way to perform heavy-weight squats and other lifts without having to walk the bar out from the rack. You’ll have to pay some extra cash, but it’s worth it.
- Infinity Safety Straps: The Rogue R3 Power Rack can hold 1000 lbs but using these nylon-made safety straps, the capability will be skyrocketing. The new capability would be 10000 lbs. You read it correctly.
- Infinity Spotter Arms: if you want to squat outside the rack, these arms will come in handy and will be the best safety solution.
- Matador Dip Attachment: It’s a great attachment for doing dips. If by chance you have gymnastics rings. Then, the combo will rock your workout for sure.
- Multi-grip Crossmember: If you want some additional pulling movements at various grip widths, you must get your hands on it.
- Landmines: if you want to focus on the core stability, rows, etc., this would be a great power rack attachment.
Rogue R-3 Power Rack Alternatives
- #1. Titan Fitness T-3 Series Tall Power Rack
- #2. Rogue R-4 Power Rack
- #3. HulkFit Multi-Function Adjustable Power Cage