Inspire FT2 functional trainer is a unique combination of functional trainer and Smith machine. The elegant outlooks and sturdy construction make it the best selling home gym in the market. And this functional machine’s features make it a perfect replacement for a whole gym.
Regardless of how tall you are, its 8 pulley locations and 32 pulley positions offer the possibility to perform more than 40+ exercises and target your full-body muscle. Because of the precision steel ball-bearing system and Smith bar’s combined actions, these machine parts move extremely smoothly.
Inspire FT2 also loads with 11 included attachments, which make this functional machine more versatile. And the lifetime warranty on the frames and parts for resistant use makes it a real deal.
If you want to engage in exercises at your home’s comfort or build a perfect home gym, Inspire FT2 functional trainer can make your dream turned into reality.
What I Like About Inspire FT2 Functional Trainer
- Commercial grade frame. This functional trainer is a sturdy machine made of heavy-duty frame components. The chrome color scheme and matte black give it an eye-catching appearance. The FT2 machine has an electrostatic powder coating that serves as a protection against chips and scuffs.
- Dual 165 lbs weight stacks. Inspire FT2 comes with dual 165 lbs weight stacks, but because of the 1:2 pulley ratio, you will have the feeling of lifting half of it. One of the stacks gives a total of 82.5 lbs resistance. The Smith machine’s maximum resistance becomes 360 lbs when you count the weights of the two 5 lbs add-on weights and the Smith bar itself (20 lbs.) Depending on personal needs, you can buy an extra stack, which can increase the resistance.
- 8 pulley locations and 32 pulley heights. Many basic functional trainer models only have 2 pulley positions in most cases. But Inspire FT2 consists of 8 different pulley positions—4 narrow low, 2 wide, and 2 narrow high positions. With these different pulley positions, you can have more workout options. And you can adjust these pulleys to 32 distinct heights. This alone gives you a comfortable fit to perform any exercise of your choice without considering your height.
- The excellent warranty. Inspire FT2 has a good warranty. For residential use, it has a limited lifetime warranty on the frame and all parts. For commercial use, it offers a limited 10-year warranty on the frame and all parts.
- It comes with 11 accessories. It comes with 11 accessories, and that makes Inspire FT2 more versatile. And there are other separate attachments or accessories you can buy, such as the leg developer, preacher curl attachment, and adjustable bench. With the leg developer and adjustable bench, performing ham curls and leg extensions are possible.
- 40+ workout options. You can target your full body’s muscles with this functional trainer. It offers more than 40 total-body exercises, and you won’t get boring while working out.
What I Don’t Like
- It does not come with a weight bench. Although it would take more space if this Inspire FT2 comes with a weight bench, if you love performing seated lat pulldowns, bench press, or shoulder presses, you can go for it. But this functional machine doesn’t come with a weight bench, and you need to buy it separately.
- Challenging assembly. Putting Inspiref FT2 together is not easy. This piece of home gym equipment comes with numerous parts, and it also has multiple cables that must be routed. But you don’t need to worry that much, as it comes with user-friendly assembly instruction. But one thing you should be noticed is that the machine weighs more than 800 lbs when it is fully assembled. So it is heavy, hard to move, and takes lots of space.
- Assembled dimensions: 61″ wide x 58″ deep without bench; 61″ wide x 89″ deep with bench; minimum height 83″; maximum height 88″
- Assembled weight: 563 lbs (256 kg)
- Weight capacity: 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Max. weight resistance: 360lbs (163.3 kg)
- Possible exercises: 40+
- Residential: Limited Lifetime on frame and all parts.
- Light Commercial: Limited 10-year frame and all parts.
What Accessories Does Inspire FT2 Come With?
- Straight bar. With this straight bar, you can perform more exercises.
- Tricep rope. The tricep rope is another accessory that can be used for performing curls tricep extensions and curls.
- Adjustable pull-up bar. This particular accessory makes it possible to perform multiple exercises with this machine. You can adjust the pull-up bar within 5″, which makes many differences for low ceiling rooms.
- Two Rubber D handles. Another accessory is the rubber handles, which aids in pully exercises. It can also be used for exercises like curls, pec flys, standing chest presses, and unilateral tricep extensions.
- EZ curl bar. In addition to the straight bar mentioned above, an EZ curl bar is also one of the optional attachments, making performing bicep curls more comfortable and easier.
- Ankle strap. The ankle strap is one of the Inspire FT2 accessories that allows you to perform hip strengthening exercises. Some of the strengthening exercises are extension and standing hip abduction. These two exercises strengthen glutes well.
- Two water bottle holders. During exercise, you can get dehydrated, and the water bottle holder was added to help you remain hydrated when you are carrying out your workouts.
- Multifunction belt. The multifunctional belt is an accessory that attaches itself to pulleys. It serves as a pull up assist. It could be wrapped around the waist when performing resistance walking.
- Sport handle. Sport handle is a straight and long handle that is designed to perform sport-specific movements. An example of such movement is the swinging of a golf club or bat. You can get this accessory in hand for performing classic functional training.
- Exercise booklet. This booklet has different exercise suggestions, and they are meant to help you get started. While some users see it as important, others see it as basic and of no use.
- 2 x 5 lbs Add-on weights. You can add the 2 x 5 lbs rubber weights on the stack. Adding it will give you a better resistance adjustment.
What Are the Possible Workouts That You Can Perform on Inspire FT2?
- Bicep curls
- Lateral single-arm biceps curls
- Lying biceps curls
- Close-grip pulldowns
- Triceps extensions
- Triceps press-downs
- Kneeling triceps extensions
- Lateral single-arm triceps extensions
- Prone triceps extensions
- Pull-ups / Chin-ups
- Assisted Pull-ups / Chin-ups
- Cable crunches
- Cable twist crunches
- Seated trunk rotations
- Standing trunk rotations
- Golf swings
- Back flies
- Back presses
- Prone back flies
- Prone reverse flies
- Lat pulldowns
- Aerobic rowing
- Crossover rowing
- Kneeling rowing
- Chest presses
- Single-arm chest presses
- Wide grip chest presses
- Close grip chest presses
- Chest flies
- Incline chest flies
- Lateral chest flies
- Single-arm chest flies
- Pullovers with crunches
- Pullovers with twisting crunches
- Stand-up leg curls
- Calf raises
- Single-leg squats
- Kneeling single-leg squats
- Wide squats
- Twisting squats
- Hip extensions
- Hip adductions
- Hip abductions
- Jumping squats
- Front lunges
- Shoulder presses
- Upright rows
- Lateral deltoid raises
- Front deltoid raises
- Lying front deltoid raises
- Front deltoid raises with leg curls
- Shoulder extensions
- Lateral arm pulls
Why Inspire FT2 Regarded as a Functional Trainer?
What is the functional trainer? The cable machine is another term used for a functional trainer. Back in the day, anything done on an injured person to get him fit and back to his normal activities is regarded as functioning training, also known as rehabilitation—Get injured people to return to their daily lives by performing specific movements.
The FT2 functional trainer supports these movements and, as a result, got the name “functional trainer.”